CM Storm Sirus 5.1 Headphones Reviewed

Nemo

Wow.

I mean, I love good sounding headphones and speakers, but damn that's a lot of money. :lol:

Worst part is, I have a friend that bought them. I didn't get to use them, but he sent them back in favor of his Sennheiser PC360's.

I just had to pick up a pair of Steelseries Siberia V2's, because my Razer Carcharias bit the dust (I brutalized the cable, and it finally gave in).

I'm pretty picky about audio, hence my aforementioned question to the reviewer.

Nice review, Justin. Makes me continue to want a pair of 5.1s!

Iskout, what do you think about the Siberias?

Comfortable, fair sound quality (though not as good as my carchs). Slightly too bass heavy for FPS games, but great for music. They're a very good "all-around" headset. Better for music than my Carchs were, but not quite as good for FPS games. They're also under the Turtle Beach HPX for sound quality, but are more punchy than both of the headsets I've mentioned. I will also say that the soundstage may be slightly bigger, but it's been a while since I've used the HPX.

Overall, a very good headset, particularly for the price. I do get a fair bit of ear fatigue from them after long hours, though. No real discomfort, but I KNOW I've if I've been listening to music for hours on end. Afterwords, sounds outside the headset are unfocused because my ears have a hard time focusing.

Nice review, Justin. Makes me continue to want a pair of 5.1s!

I was thinking the same thing! Just hard to justify spending the money when I can OWN on my cheap Logitech G330 :evilgrin: But, I am still jealous of a 5.1 Headset :whistling:

I have these, always been a hardcore beyerdynamic user. Nothing beats it when it comes to music (which is my main focus along with gaming)

Mine were actually even more expensive because I added leather ear pads, custom colors and my online nick engraved into the side (ordered directly from the beyerdynamic store)