Is my cpu temperature normal?

avngl

are you using two 4-pin power adapters on the GTX580?

I would not be comfortable with that but it's not necessarily bad

you can try and hide some cables in an empty DVD drive bay

Yes, I am.

Is there an alternative to this?

This is my first build after several years with an Acer computer.

Haha you have the same ambient temp as my room. Thats why my OC's are always so hot.....

Wow. Your room must be really warm. My current rig is at the room outside of my room, which faces the window = Sun.

My room should be 2 Celsius cooler since its not facing the sun.

For your ambient and that oc temps are pretty good. I missed it before but as el_captain said that's a good oc for the voltage.

Ahh Malaysia now the ambient makes more sense.

Thank you for confirming this for me. I am a newbie in Overclocking and this is my first build. After several weeks of reading, I was just concerned that my setup might be of an issue.

Edited by avngl

Using the 4pin-pci-e 8 or 6 pin adapters isn't usually the best idea, as said. Get a power supply that has these connectors itself. For such a rig, using a power supply of low quality is not a good idea.

what we get for never turning on the AC.... Even During the summer lol. I remove my overclock during summer and go crazy on overclocking in the winter. The PC acts as a heater when its cold XD

Edited by My_Inner_Fred

it says the turbo limit is multiplier 45, but is that the same as really changing the multiplier?

Some of tyhe voltages are set to auto, that might cause some of the to overvolt, which gets you higher temperatures.

Also it is not recommended to use molex -> PCIe power converters, so that makes me ask, what psu do you have?

Edit: Speling

Edited by medbor

Nothing wrong with using adapters as long as you are not drawing too much current on any one single line.

While it is preferable to use a pci-e connector it is okay to use a moles to pci-e adapter. You are looking at probably 18-20awg wires in a cheap set up with very safe operation of 5amps.

Molex to pci-e adapters take the 12v line from two different points (so different wires) which means you could safely draw 12v at 10amps meaning 120watts. Now if this molex to pci-e adaptor was plugged into one line then it would drop to 60watts safe supply.

That is where the problems are... Some people may be using the adapters because of a lack of cables and worst case senario they put two six pin adaptors on one moles cable with four parallel plugs. All of a sudden you may have a card that needs 200watts but can oly safely get around 60. Now if things were on separate lines it would be 240watts and plenty enough.

So if you can plug your adapter in on it's own independent lines then it's perfectly safe for use when power a gfx card (bare in mind over such short distances 5amps for 18awg is very much so on the safe side).