hi guy i just build a new computer with

g1 sniper 2 mobo

i7 2600k cpu

corsire 16g vengence low profile ram

gigabyte gtx 570 gpu

kingston hyperx 240g ssd for boot

wd 2tb cb for media and back up

both hd using the z68 contra chip not the on board Marvell chip

and i time the win 7 pro 64bit start up time with a stop watch.it started in 57 sec, i though ssd should start windows in less than 30 sec.is the ssd faulty or some thing wrong with my system?

Edited by chenzhong

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When are you starting the timer? Everything before you even see the Windows logo is the Motherboard. You need to start your timer when you first see the Windows logo, and the time it takes until you boot into desktop and click to launch IE... at least that's how I log my boot-up times.

When are you starting the timer? Everything before you even see the Windows logo is the Motherboard. You need to start your timer when you first see the Windows logo, and the time it takes until you boot into desktop and click to launch IE... at least that's how I log my boot-up times.

i timed it from the moment i press the power button on my computer.so computer boot up time don't include bios load time?

Another thing to check is some of the settings in the BIOS. You can turn some things off you're not using (i.e. onboard sound if you're using an USB headset or serial/com port if you're not using those), and that should decrease the amount of time it takes for the computer to load through bios. As far as the actual windows loading, there is this website called Black Viper's that I've used for years, and found very helpful to shut off unneeded windows services. Be careful with shutting off services though, as some may be what you want/need, while others are linked to ones that you want/need. Just back up your system and have fun tweeking! :thumbsup:

That, and every post screen is different. Some may show extra information, wait for network boot, etc...

This.

I have a few boards that take 5 minutes just to post because of all the crap on them. Granted, server boards aren't consumer boards, but still.

I time from the first time I see Windows booting. Anything prior to that isn't going to be changed by using an SSD.

On an ocz revolution 50 gig drive I have a 40 second total boot time and about 15 seconds of time OS starts till windows is fully functional and CPU idles down. If the motherboard was better at posting it would he a 30 second boot.

Every board is different so try not to count it in the boot. I have a biostar that goes from button press to OS boot in less then 5 seconds.... I'm not sure how but that's life.... justvremeber that anything under 1 minute is great... I'm used to work computers that may have a tape drive in them so coming home to my comp is awesome.