Corsair Hydro Series H100 CPU Cooler Tested

Nemo

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure Corsair still says to put the fans to push the air into the case. Asetek and Coolit both suggest getting the air out of the case. I think this is a matter of Corsair looking for pure benchmark review type results and trying to get a couple more degrees off the CPU. You are always better off to use the fans to pull the heat out of the case, might be a few degrees warmer on the CPU but you cool everything else a little bit. Good review and nice that this got pointed out.

Read it thx. Im not a fan of these types of water cooling solutions. One day in teh next year I will design and build a remote watercooling solution using radiators submersed in ice and water in a Ice Cooler. Just a couple of quick connects for the I/O tubes and voila, icy cold temps. Honest, I will do it. :cool2:

Read it thx. Im not a fan of these types of water cooling solutions. One day in teh next year I will design and build a remote watercooling solution using radiators submersed in ice and water in a Ice Cooler. Just a couple of quick connects for the I/O tubes and voila, icy cold temps. Honest, I will do it. :cool2:

Okay I have an idea for you that is less of an issue, know a local guy that this with his AC. Drop your radiators into a well, that way they are in a nice cool water soruce that will disipate a TON of heat, way more than ANY PC will put out. This guy I know basically did this with his AC unit and it imprvoed effeciency like 300 fold.

Condensation will kill your components...

I am not sure Corsair still says to put the fans to push the air into the case. Asetek and Coolit both suggest getting the air out of the case. I think this is a matter of Corsair looking for pure benchmark review type results and trying to get a couple more degrees off the CPU. You are always better off to use the fans to pull the heat out of the case, might be a few degrees warmer on the CPU but you cool everything else a little bit. Good review and nice that this got pointed out.

That is the gist of it really. I get better long term load temperatures and higher prime 95 stable clocks pulling the air out of the chassis and blowing through these types of coolers rather than blowing in. The thermal dump is huge but I test with the way suggested and use the supplied thermal paste

Great review! Just a small thing, and this is a pet peeve I have with most reviews, I think the amount of data in the graphs is too much. It gets really difficult to differentiate between the colors of the coolers for me. I think that either fewer coolers need be compared, or the method for representing them should change.

@Computer Ed-- Yeah in fact i think i read about it too. He had the lines going out thru his wall into the well.... that was amazing.

@Waco--- Well yes, you are correct. Fortunately, I have researched and thought it through thoroughly, (thats alot of th's hehe) and will make all the neccessary compensations on the board, vid cards, and possibley Ram if i decide to do those too. Its been a dream of mine for several years now. Ive considered all the cooling alternatives out there, but seeing that I have a dedicated Top Loading Ice Box and can make all the Ice needed, I thought it would be interesting to do.

Anyway these types of water cooling solutions(Corsair H100) are more efficient in design than air ,at least they should be, but really only ultimately kool down to Room Temps in the end. Im thinking thats why the NH-D14 is so good. They have it down do Room Temps. Im guessing that there isnt much left, speaking to Design Engineering, in Air cooling.