AMD FX Breaks World Record

bp9801

You would think if the launch is Next Tuesday that there would have been samples passed out to several of the larger Hardware sites, including OCC, for some prelaunch bench testing. Isnt that that way its usually done?

OCC may or may not have samples at this point.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...uhh what now? AND has a small fraction of the resources of Intel. If they even get close they've won.

Sorry for the late reply, but really I meant that BD needs to be shooting higher than SB did. It's not enough for AMD to beat out SB, they should be looking at beating IB if they really want to remain competitive. From a purely hardware standpoint, I am with you on that one. If they can make BD outperform SB but at a much lower power usage that would be pretty amazing, but from a business perspective they need a bit more umph lol

It was done on the Crosshair 5 is a 990 board :popcorn:

Ed, CPUz screenshots are just what they are, A picture without the meat to back it up. Its just like running any CPU for a Max screen shot, then there is benchmark stability at a much reduced speed with 3D stability even further down the chain and then finally a fully stable working system. We saw 5GHz on a cheap self contained liquid cooler so the reality is how does it perform clock for clock in single threaded benchmarks. I wanna know!

I meant the i7 990x or 980x, I don't think anyone ever turned off cores to see if it could go higher.