AMD FX Breaks World Record

bp9801

Today we have something a little bit different for your viewing pleasure. We have an invitation from AMD to check out a team of overclockers attempt to break the world record for CPU speed. The team is using one of the new Bulldozer CPUs, and boy, is that record ever shattered. See exactly what speed was reached when AMD FX Breaks World Record - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/amd_fx_series_worldrecord/

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW :snap: That is awesome. Can't wait to see what BD can do. :thumbsup:

But when it comes to raw (un OCed) CPU power I think Intel has the win (ie the i7 2600K) My X6 @4ghz can't touch those benchmarks :-/

To me the CPU lineup looks like this

Intel Ivy Bridge VS NA

Intel 990X and I7 2500K and 2600K VS N/A (hopefully BD)

Intel I5 and low end I7s VS AMD X6

Intel Core 2 Quad and I3 VS AMD X4 Black Edition

Intel Core 2 Duo VS AMD X3

Edited by Black6464

Because when the 2600K hits 5ghz it makes the X6 look like a P4. :lol:

...and that has what to do with Bulldozer?

If BD can get within 10% of a 2600K who cares how "slow" the X6 is? :P

...and that has what to do with Bulldozer?

If BD can get within 10% of a 2600K who cares how "slow" the X6 is? :P

But at what cost? Intel will lower there prices when BD hits the market and I have to say they are already low. If the I7 2600K gets dropped to $249, that would be hard to beat.

But at what cost? Intel will lower there prices when BD hits the market and I have to say they are already low. If the I7 2600K gets dropped to $249, that would be hard to beat.

I believe that is what we are expecting to see is a price drop from Intel. We shall see.

I'm interested in Bulldozer just to see what the 8 core CPUs can do. I'd love to upgrade to one, sure, and I probably will before I graduate this December. If for whatever reason the performance numbers aren't there, well, I may be interested in going to Intel. But for what I do on a computer, I don't need something blazing fast. I typically just play games and do some work in Photoshop or a 3D program, which to me that speaks more to a powerful GPU or two with enough CPU power to not have any lag.

I believe that is what we are expecting to see is a price drop from Intel. We shall see.

That's the only reason I wasn't horribly surprised to see <$300 for the 8150...or AMD has the 8170 up its sleeve... :biggrin:

AMD has a long history of pricing its CPUs very close to what they should be on the performance ladder.

Edited by Waco

Isn't Intel planning on a price drop when the Ivy Bridge CPUs come to market also?

The X6 1100T is right around $200 now ( i think) so i'm envisioning the top end BDs to be around 350-400. I think thats going to be a pretty good price if the delays equal performance :thumbsup:

If BD can be compared to any of the sandy bridge lineup then AMD is doing it wrong. They need to bring it on this generation.

...uhh what now? AND has a small fraction of the resources of Intel. If they even get close they've won.