World of Warplanes

WhenKittensATK

From the makers of the World Guinness Record of most players logged on one MMO Server for World of Tanks comes the new World of Warplanes.

It was announced at E3, but hasn't been debuted as of yet. Come Gamescom 2011 (August 17 - 21), we will see gameplay videos.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

ffs..... more WWII crap. :(

Id love to play both WoT and WoW but am just soo uninterested in playing with old tanks/planes. That era has had so many games made about it, there is just nothing left.

Modern combat is so much more fun, mainly because the tech used is not from the dam stone age. Nothing worse than sitting in a cockpit cluttered with analoug dials and the best weapon you got is a chain gun. BORING.

ffs..... more WWII crap. :(

Id love to play both WoT and WoW but am just soo uninterested in playing with old tanks/planes. That era has had so many games made about it, there is just nothing left.

Modern combat is so much more fun, mainly because the tech used is not from the dam stone age. Nothing worse than sitting in a cockpit cluttered with analoug dials and the best weapon you got is a chain gun. BORING.

The higher tiered tanks in WOT are modern

• 2 months later...

As a kid growing up I wasnt that far removed from the World of Prop Driven Fighters. Mustangs had speed, altitude and firepower, but were not one of the most maneuverable in the skies. Corsairs had speed and firepower but again could not hang with the maneuvers of a Zero.... its too bad the Japanese had to use an antiquated steering control system on the Zero that made it a little more complicated and distracting from the task at hand. The Brit Spitfire was probably the best all around plane built in ww2. I know, I know, the P-51 got all the accolades for changing the war but.............

I was wondering what with todays design technology and airfoil knowledge if there could be a better Propeller driven design Warplane, Using only the the engines and materials, guns, available during the time of WW2.

Edit: Content

Edited by Kwok

• 2 months later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ1Z7WW2_dA

Pre-WW2 to Cold War era planes. I wonder if they will add in all the wacky prototype planes Germany and Japan made near the end of WW2. Russians will probably be OP like in WoT.

Waiting for them to release gameplay, I would like to see how they combine simulation and arcade for planes like they did with tanks. I except some amazing dogfights with module based damage systems (rudders, fuel tanks, weapons, engines, and etc).

USA Tech Tree (probably not the final, more could be added. only in alpha stage).

Edited by Krazyxazn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...