Logo Design

So my wife and I started a small business making hair bows for infants and toddlers and also a little bit of clothing. We are in need of a logo now. I can picture it in my head, but I can't put it into an actual design, I can't draw and I don't know how to use GIMP or Inkscape. The name of the business is Olives and Belles. I would like an olive and a bell wrapped in a bow for our logo. I did a crappy one that will give you the idea. We would like it to look fancy, I guess is the best way to describe it. This would be our logo that would be embroidered and silk screened onto shirts and also used for business cards. So having a good vector image would be great.

Sooooo, can anyone help? If someone wanted to take a shot at it and design it for the fun of it for us that would be great, but we would also be willing to pay someone to design our logo. Hopefully we can get the exact logo we want so we could then copyright the logo (I'm doing the business completely legit, license, fictitious business name, seller's permit, etc.)

I have attached the Olives and Belles crappy logo and also a bow my wife did for Memorial Day/4th of July.

post-75980-0-96979200-1306723668_thumb.png

post-75980-0-25367300-1306723689_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

I might just be able to help you out! When I say I am still learning vector biased drawing, don't let me fool you. I'd be more than happy to show you some drawings I drew in art class. All of which are done entirely in illustrator or in ink and later traced over with my graphics tablet after using my teachers handy scanner.

You know, the problem with gimp is it isn't adobe CS5. And the problem with adobe CS5 is it is not gimp :lol:

Right now it is 3 AM local time, and I will probably be going to bed soon, but in the morning I will find a pci cable that I haven't mutilated with cable sleeving and fire up my PC :haha: .

I have a particular emblem in mind for you guys, but I would like to know more about your story before I do so (so that I can add more symbolism to it). I also want to know the smallest size you will ever be printing this emblem. (I don't want to make an emblem with elements that you can't see ;) )

Other than that, all I have to say to you is that we have some neighbors in a situation like yours where they had an emblem that they wanted to embroider onto bags and stuff. They ended up saving money and hassle by getting a computerized embroidering machine. I do not know how much they cost personally.........since I am not a tailor :P . However, it might be something a person in your position may be interested in. Food for thought.

LOL The OP posted this in May 2011, and his last post on OCC was in June 2011. I'm sure he's either found what he needed or moved on to something else and hasn't been back to the site since. :lol:

@Muchoman1 - Awesome thread resurrecting pic. I must save that haha.

Wooooooooooow..............totally missed the date. I was able to pull this up on the first page of the sub thread. I thought all of those were recent enough not to check the dates. My bad.

Well, it was daphoto responding to it that raised it to the first page, but I don't blame him either because the second page of this subforum has threads almost as old. This isn't the most active subforum on the site :lol: