Osama Bin Laden is dead

CowKing

Although I'm glad he won't be causing anymore mischief, I think it's kind of sick that people are celebrating the death of another human being as if it were a national holiday. This proves that deep down, we're all still barbarians, no matter how educated we claim to be.

Being happy that a man who coordinated the murder of thousands of people is dead is barbaric? I only took one year of Philosophy, but come on now.

Stangley, this comes when Mr Prez is sliding in the approval rating. Bin Laden is a CIA Asset and is no more dead than me. It is a BS politcal ploy for the 2012 election. The government will now raise security and pass more bills in fear of retalliation to further enslave you. ALL IN THE NAME OF PROTECTING YOU.

I am not going to argue with you. This country is no longer ours. We live in tyranny but its the kind that your IPAD or XBOX keep you from realizing. Freedom is a loaded word. We believe everything the goverment says because "this is America and we elect our leaders and they have our best interests at heart and blah blah blah..." The goverment gets away with everything because people are to wrapped up in their lives to pay attention. Slowly this country will turn into a place that is unrecognizable. Political plots just like this have been going on for as long as time. This is small compared to what the government usually trys to shove down our throat.This 1 thing has just gotten another 4 years for a criminal just like the one before him. People will sing the praises of Obama now and vote for him. The savior. What a crock!!!Oh and go read the health care bill. There is invasion of privacy and enslavement on every other page.

Thanks for taking a poop on my thread. :typing:

There's no proof to back up the claim, yet. Btw, I can overclock my i7 2600K to 10GHz.As far as people rubbing it in... it took a couple of countries almost 10 years to get one man. :dunno:

I'm pretty sure that Obama would make sure he was dead before actually stating on national TV that Osama Bin Laden is dead.

I'm pretty sure that Obama would make sure he was dead before actually stating on national TV that Osama Bin Laden is dead.

:withstupid: It would be a huge mistake on his part if it were not true! Would def cost him the next election. I'm pretty confident that this report is accurate :cheers:

Okay, take off the tin foil hat, and let's talk logically about this...... (totally a joke, don't get huffy)

While I do think Washington is full of power hungry fear-mongerers, I don't think it's quite to the extent you seem to believe it's at. Tbh, when it comes to conspiracy theories, I take the position of, "who cares". Honestly, there is nothing I can do to change it, they have all the money and power, so me stressing about . I can't change is useless. If it's to the extent you say it is, the only way to change it would be an entire tear down and rebuild of the government, which is not coming soon.

I think we could certainly fix most of Washington's problems simply by implementing term limits for congressmen (no more career politicians). Maybe then they'd be less worried about getting re-elected, and more worried about doing their damn jobs! Alas, that will never happen, as anyone who has the power to change it certainly doesn't want to.

My basic point is don't swallow everything we are told. I do not stress over it. I just want everyone to question everything. Read the fine print.

Although I'm glad he won't be causing anymore mischief, I think it's kind of sick that people are celebrating the death of another human being as if it were a national holiday. This proves that deep down, we're all still barbarians, no matter how educated we claim to be.

:withstupid:

Why should anyone be happy to see this guy die? Isn't that what the "bad guys" do? I thought it was their job to kill people and celebrate that?

I ask again, why should we mourn the death of a man who has killed thousands? Why shouldn't we be happy that a man who organized and spread oppression be dead? The "bad guys" you're talking about celebrated the death of innocent people. Obama is far from innocent.

Incrysis, you should take your own advice there. You're right, we don't know everything the government does behind closed doors. As Socrates said, to justify fear, one must have knowledge. Fear due to lack of knowledge is ignorance.

I don't really understand the excitement over this either. When I saw the news I just thought, "that's interesting". I don't see it as a really big victory as there's always someone to take his place. And considering nearly 500 Taliban inmates just escaped from a prison in Kandahar, Afghanistan just last week, I don't see any reason to celebrate.

What the death of one man brings is still unclear and so I don't see any point in jumping for joy over this.

:withstupid:

Why should anyone be happy to see this guy die? Isn't that what the "bad guys" do? I thought it was their job to kill people and celebrate that?

Are you telling me that if you were a Jew in Europe during WWII, you wouldn't be ecstatic to learn that Hitler had died?

I don't really understand the excitement over this either. When I saw the news I just thought, "that's interesting". I don't see it as a really big victory as there's always someone to take his place. And considering nearly 500 Taliban inmates just escaped from a prison in Kandahar, Afghanistan just last week, I don't see any reason to celebrate.

What the death of one man brings is still unclear and so I don't see any point in jumping for joy over this.

You have a point here, and to think that this brings an end to the entire concept of Al Qaeda is foolish. However, the man who coordinated the 9/11 attacks is dead. A man responsible for the deaths of thousands is dead. I celebrate that as justice.

Are you telling me that if you were a Jew in Europe during WWII, you wouldn't be ecstatic to learn that Hitler had died?

This example is entirely different. Hitler committed suicide at the same time as the Nazis were completely deposed of all power and the war was over. There was plenty of reason to celebrate.

This does not mean the end of a war, and it does not end Al-Qaeda's power.

Edit- Disclaimer: I don't want it to be misconstrued that I'm upset over Osama's death, or that I'm saddened, as that is not the case either. If I had to choose between his death or being tried and living the rest of his life under house arrest, then I suppose I would be happy to see him dead.

Edited by malmsteenisgod

This example is entirely different. Hitler committed suicide at the same time as the Nazis were completely deposed of all power and the war was over. There was plenty of reason to celebrate.

This does not mean the end of a war, and it does not end Al-Qaeda's power.

Edit- Disclaimer: I don't want it to be misconstrued that I'm upset over Osama's death, or that I'm saddened, as that is not the case either. If I had to choose between his death or being tried and living the rest of his life under house arrest, then I suppose I would be happy to see him dead.

True. I certainly don't think that the war, nor Al-Qaeda's influence is ended because of this, it would be absolutely foolish to think so. Quite the contrary, in fact. While it's a "victory" for the US, it's going to be short lived, as it most likely means an upswing in violence against Americans and soldiers in regions where they sympathize with Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda. Certainly what's left of Al-Qaeda is going to become more brash and up the number of attacks on our soldiers, and the possibility of another terrorist act, I think, is dramatically increased. If anything, this is a turning point in the "war on terror", and not in a good way.