Mushkin Ridgeback 996991 PC3-16000 8GB Review

bp9801

Page 1 - I laughed when I read about the "greater than" sign in the Mushkin logo. Last I checked the "<" symbol is universally known as the "less than" sign. :P

I still want a set though - the black heatsinks are damn nice looking and the price isn't horribly outrageous if you need the higher memory speed (do you even need fast memory to overclock the newer Intel platforms?).

Page 1 - I laughed when I read about the "greater than" sign in the Mushkin logo. Last I checked the "

I still want a set though - the black heatsinks are damn nice looking and the price isn't horribly outrageous if you need the higher memory speed (do you even need fast memory to overclock the newer Intel platforms?).

To get higher memory speeds you are limited to the memory multiplier speeds plus the amount of bclock your chip has. If you want to increase bandwidth then that really is your only option.

1066,1333,1600,1866, 2133, 2400 are about the only ones that will be usable. 2400 only if you have a good IMC and memory capable of it.

To get higher memory speeds you are limited to the memory multiplier speeds plus the amount of bclock your chip has. If you want to increase bandwidth then that really is your only option.

1066,1333,1600,1866, 2133, 2400 are about the only ones that will be usable. 2400 only if you have a good IMC and memory capable of it.

So do you *need* faster memory to OC the base clock or are there lower multipliers that are usable? I've not touched an Intel board since my Core 2 Quad.