Does Gamebooster actually do anything?

l1o2l

I came across this program a long time ago, never bothered to try it. What do you guys think of it? I don't think I would see any performance boost.

Probably not. There is no software that can give your PC extra power in reality. There's overclocking but that's different.

As for this program, your PC doesn't need it. I'm guessing it's something similar to AMD's Fusion. Those things don't really do anything and aren't worth your time. If the PC is modern then it simply have no effect since you can already run all the games. If the PC is old, then you probably wouldn't be able to run anything to begin with. You might get 5-6 extra frames but that's just silly.

Bottom line, performance gain if any is insignificant in any case.

If its the thing from advanced system care, then all it does is shut down some of the background processes. If your computer is old enough that using it gives you a noticeable performance boost then it's probably time to upgrade. I've always been wary of shutting down background processes. Unless I know exactly what it is and everything it does, I don't mess with it because it can screw with your computer.

Yeah, thats what I thought. But my friend's computer, 5 years old (i think) he uses it and he doesn't see a noticeable difference in anything.

The only software that i think is useful in this criteria is : Memory Improve Master ...before using it my RAM was like 50% and not many apps were running. after it went down to 33% and i felt that the PC has gotten a little more responsive.

Probably not. There is no software that can give your PC extra power in reality. There's overclocking but that's different.

As for this program, your PC doesn't need it. I'm guessing it's something similar to AMD's Fusion. Those things don't really do anything and aren't worth your time. If the PC is modern then it simply have no effect since you can already run all the games. If the PC is old, then you probably wouldn't be able to run anything to begin with. You might get 5-6 extra frames but that's just silly.

Bottom line, performance gain if any is insignificant in any case.

This is usually true, but Gamebooster isn't like that ;)

Gamebooster shuts down UNUSED background processes. As in, your clever computer anticipates which processes are currently in use so it doesn't break anything, shuts down the rest, and frees up resources.

If your PC is old, this program has been slated as working pretty damn well. However, nothing will work as well as upgrading hardware.

just msconfig and turn everything off. whats with people using software to close programs and using bloated Anti-virus stuff. i have yet to get a virus and i haven't used any crap for a few years now.... turn everything on startup off, it makes old computers and laptop faster

This is usually true, but Gamebooster isn't like that ;)

Gamebooster shuts down UNUSED background processes. As in, your clever computer anticipates which processes are currently in use so it doesn't break anything, shuts down the rest, and frees up resources.

If your PC is old, this program has been slated as working pretty damn well. However, nothing will work as well as upgrading hardware.

except that I take the time to turn all the useless processes and services and stuff off whenever I make a fresh install of my OS this means that any of these programs will have zero effect since I've already turned off everything that is not supposed to run. Whatever is left, is obviously left for a reason otherwise I'd have gotten rid of it as well.

Taking into consideration that not everyone does this, there might be a small performance gain by this program, but I'd still say that if you have the NEED to use something like this, it's high time for some new hardware instead of struggling to get an extra fps.

It's your time and money so you can invest them into whatever you like, I'm just saying that I would probably go with something a bit more efficient, but that's just me since as I said, maybe other people can't manage their Windows as well and they just wanna have it installed and play some games without any other worries or stuff to mess around with.

just msconfig and turn everything off. whats with people using software to close programs and using bloated Anti-virus stuff. i have yet to get a virus and i haven't used any crap for a few years now.... turn everything on startup off, it makes old computers and laptop faster

You could have a virus and not know it. Stop advocating using no antivirus.

except that I take the time to turn all the useless processes and services and stuff off whenever I make a fresh install of my OS this means that any of these programs will have zero effect since I've already turned off everything that is not supposed to run. Whatever is left, is obviously left for a reason otherwise I'd have gotten rid of it as well.

Taking into consideration that not everyone does this, there might be a small performance gain by this program, but I'd still say that if you have the NEED to use something like this, it's high time for some new hardware instead of struggling to get an extra fps.

It's your time and money so you can invest them into whatever you like, I'm just saying that I would probably go with something a bit more efficient, but that's just me since as I said, maybe other people can't manage their Windows as well and they just wanna have it installed and play some games without any other worries or stuff to mess around with.

:rolleyes: It's free and it takes zero time to set up. You also don't have to remember to re-enable those services when you're done gaming (which would be a pain in the butt).