Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Water Cooling Kit Examined

Nemo

Good review, looks like you guys hit the same conclusions I did that of the self contained this seems to be the current king when it comes to performance and value.

Good review, looks like you guys hit the same conclusions I did that of the self contained this seems to be the current king when it comes to performance and value.

Did you try it with two fans I can't remember?

OCC takes a look at another water cooling setup. This time it's the Antec Kuhler H2O 620 - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/antec_kuhler_h20_620_review/

Thanks to OCC for this review. We really appreciate the kind words and thoroughness of the testing.

I just wanted to help calm the fears anyone might have with regards to the mention of dissimilar metals used in the KUHLER H2O 620. There are two ways to prevent corrosion in a product such as this.

•  
  • Prevent the unit from grounding by making sure to install the fan between the chassis and the radiator using plastic washers for the screws so there is no chassis contact
  • Use an anti-corrosion package that prevents the ions from doing their thing

Since we have no direct control over how users install the KUHLER H2O 620 (not everyone reads the manual), we have to use method #2. The corrosion inhibitor package is fool-proof.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you guys have.

Jessie Lawrence

Internet Marketing Manager

Antec Inc.

Amazing value for such an impressively performing unit, I'm definitely recommending this to people.

Also kudos for the Antec post, those are some pretty neat ideas for a more reliable water based cooler I may not have necessarily thought of :thumbsup:

Thanks to OCC for this review. We really appreciate the kind words and thoroughness of the testing.

I just wanted to help calm the fears anyone might have with regards to the mention of dissimilar metals used in the KUHLER H2O 620. There are two ways to prevent corrosion in a product such as this.

• Prevent the unit from grounding by making sure to install the fan between the chassis and the radiator using plastic washers for the screws so there is no chassis contact
  • Use an anti-corrosion package that prevents the ions from doing their thing

Since we have no direct control over how users install the KUHLER H2O 620 (not everyone reads the manual), we have to use method #2. The corrosion inhibitor package is fool-proof.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you guys have.

Jessie Lawrence

Internet Marketing Manager

Antec Inc.

For the hardcore water guys its an issue but with the proprietary fluid mixture and a three year warranty It should prove out to be a non issue. I am still amazed by how well it does by comparison with the 1 inch radiator! If the 920 builds off this performance it will be a killer cooler.

Looks almost identical to the Eco ALC radiator. Also, is the radiator mounted upside down? Because I think someone told me mine was when I mounted it like that. Not like it really matters though because it shouldn't have any bubbles.

There does appear to be some air possible in the build. In my unit un der heavy load I hear this kind of crackle that we have IDed as the radiator. When I spoke to Antec support about it I was told some air might be in the system but that it will gradually work it's way out.

In a sealed system air cannot work its way out, There is not a venting device or means of escape so whats in there is going to stay unless the tubing is porous enough to let air through. Much the same concept as upgrading a car from R-12 refrigerant to 134a. THe R-12 tubing is porous enough to allow the 134a refrigerant through the tubing but not the R-12.

Even a full bore water system will have a gurgle or two on initial startup.