Radeon HD 6790 Graphics Card from PowerColor Reviewed

Nemo

OCC reviewer RHKCommander959 takes a look at a mid-range Radeon HD 6000-series card in his review of the PowerColor HD 6790 - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/powercolor_6790/

Glad to see AMD getting into the midrange market on this lineup. However at the same price point the GTX 460 is killing this card on fps, even in the AMD dominated Crysis :whistling:

...even in the AMD dominated Crysis :whistling:

I remember the days when this argument was the other way around...when Crysis came out nVidia was wiping the floor with ATI cards of all types. :lol:

Its getting confusing with all the numbers :lol:

I agree. I saw it at first and thought it was another 6970, then it took a hard look to really see it was 6790. :lol: Can't these companies just keep things consistent?

I thought maybe they were going to only have XX90 on the dual gpu. So much for that idea.

It never really was that way though. Just think back, the 4XXX series they had the 4870x2, and then they released the 4890 which was just a upgraded 4870.

I think the new XX90's are a weird naming schema. Hell, everything they do keeps getting changed around it's all confusing as hell.