Diablo 3

tkrow21

A big thanks to everyone posting new information! I've added most, if not all, of it to the original post.

How do you sign up for beta??

Right now the site you're supposed to sign up through is down for maintenance.

However, you're supposed to go here, sign in, and there will be an option to opt in and out of Blizzard's betas (by universe; Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft).

Always online and the cash marketplace just ruined it for me. No modding, no LAN, no buy. :rolleyes:

Just wondering, how does the cash marketplace ruin it for you? The rest of the things are also kind of dumb reasons to not buy a game, but I've heard plenty of people argue those and it got nowhere, so I'll let them slide lol.

Edited by tkrow21

I see the real money auction house as a way to make some side cash like people do in TF2 :D

You wouldn't believe how much money some people spend to buy rare hats or items on TF2, $50+ for just one item. No lies. Shoot my perm Armageddon Fletch amulet on Diablo 2 is worth like $50.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I don't agree with the decisions in the least but I also no protestor. If the pros outweigh the cons and I feel it justifies the price, I'll buy a game.

After all I don't like Steam's model at all, but I find the deals they offer outweigh the cons. Blizzard is moving to Steam's model but I don't think they are taking into account why so many people love Steam - the insane deals.

Just wondering, how does the cash marketplace ruin it for you? The rest of the things are also kind of dumb reasons to not buy a game, but I've heard plenty of people argue those and it got nowhere, so I'll let them slide lol.

The cash marketplace essentially ruins any chance of being able to mod the game - which is one of the only reasons I still play D2 and WC3. LAN support is important for similar reasons. I can't count the number of times I've played D2 and WC3 without an internet connection...and based on Blizzard's attitude about it ("just play something else when you can't connect") it's not likely to be fixed/patched out at any point for D3. :glare:

The cash marketplace also introduces the ability to legitimately increase your character's abilities through cash infusions...at least with past games using the black market for such improvements ran the risk of getting your account disabled. I don't want to get owned just because some arse decided to spend a bunch of money to skip what made D2 fun - item runs and time investment. With the marketplace you can simply buy your way to a good character and I find that hilariously stupid. Why spend money to skip playing the game? At least in WoW when you buy things on the marketplace you have to use hard-earned gold to do it...

Edited by Waco

The cash marketplace essentially ruins any chance of being able to mod the game - which is one of the only reasons I still play D2 and WC3. LAN support is important for similar reasons. I can't count the number of times I've played D2 and WC3 without an internet connection...and based on Blizzard's attitude about it ("just play something else when you can't connect") it's not likely to be fixed/patched out at any point for D3. :glare:

The cash marketplace also introduces the ability to legitimately increase your character's abilities through cash infusions...at least with past games using the black market for such improvements ran the risk of getting your account disabled. I don't want to get owned just because some arse decided to spend a bunch of money to skip what made D2 fun - item runs and time investment. With the marketplace you can simply buy your way to a good character and I find that hilariously stupid. Why spend money to skip playing the game? At least in WoW when you buy things on the marketplace you have to use hard-earned gold to do it...

You serious? D2 is NOT moddable like how WC3 is. Sure, there are mods for it, but not like how there are for WC3. You can't even compare those two, way different levels of modding. I've played D2 since it came out and I never played a mod. But for WC3 (also played since it came out), I have played tons of mods, custom maps, campaigns, etc.

And for the cash to upgrade stuff, who cares? If people want to spend their money on something virtual in a game, who are you to judge? I am 100% certain you have made some purchases that other people would deem stupid. Lastly, you can buy gold in WoW. Same exact concept.

My point, just enjoy the game for what it is. If you aren't going to enjoy it, play something else. I don't play games I don't enjoy playing.

I see the real money auction house as a way to make some side cash like people do in TF2 :D

You wouldn't believe how much money some people spend to buy rare hats or items on TF2, $50+ for just one item. No lies. Shoot my perm Armageddon Fletch amulet on Diablo 2 is worth like $50.

I think that Blizzard is doing it not to just make money, but to kinda kill the eBay market... Players were going to sell items, they did in d2. Might as well offer an official service and skim a bit off the top.

Its an interesting idea to be honest, players could in theory live off the game and have that as their main source of income...