Diablo 3

tkrow21

Hell if you die, you respawn at a checkpoint with all your gear minus 10% durability. This isn't no Diablo 2.

I didn't know that...so much to learn with this new game! And your grammar is terrible; it should be 'this ain't no Diablo 2.' ;) Just foolin'

Ugh its definitely not Diablo 2 with better graphics. How much have you followed the game?

Auction House, Crafting, No pots, No teleport scrolls, PvP Arena, Runes that change skills, and etc. Hell if you die, you respawn at a checkpoint with all your gear minus 10% durability. This isn't no Diablo 2.

You expected them to not cash in on their WoW playerbase? :rofl:

Then again not having those things (not the scrolls or the pots part...or the reskilling/respecing part. I think that shoudn't be in any game. You want new skills then reroll motherfuzzbucket :down: ) would do the game any good how? As long as people can still kill demons and loot dungeons and do what any good ARPG should have then whats the harm in having more stuff?

But are they still going to have a hardcore mode? Would be a shame to remove the best part of D2 just because your typical gamer these days is too candya$$ to play hardcore -.-

Edited by Coors

You expected them to not cash in on their WoW playerbase? :rofl:

Then again not having those things (not the scrolls or the pots part...or the reskilling/respecing part. I think that shoudn't be in any game. You want new skills then reroll motherfuzzbucket :down: ) would do the game any good how? As long as people can still kill demons and loot dungeons and do what any good ARPG should have then whats the harm in having more stuff?

But are they still going to have a hardcore mode? Would be a shame to remove the best part of D2 just because your typical gamer these days is too candya$$ to play hardcore -.-

Respecing/Reskilling is pretty important. We don't live in the stone age of gaming anymore. I don't see why anyone should be forced to reroll the same class just because they can't respec. The only time this is even somewhat agreeable is if that game has multiple playthrough paths like Fallout or Elder Scrolls. Every time you play things can go different, however for games like Diablo with a fixed storyline nothing changes. Its the same story every playthrough. You gain no benefits from rerolling.

Hardcore mode is a total cop out. "Oh I'm about to die Save & Exit" good job man you're so awesome and a hardcore gamer.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8430/tesv2011111514291282.jpg

Edited by Krazyxazn

Not everyone saves and exits. When I, and many others I know, play hardcore it's played the way it's supposed to be. I laugh as well at those losers that setup some "killswitch" for those oh crap moments. Take your death like a man and reroll.

Don't suppose anyone has tried playing the game with CFX enabled yet?

I am pairing up a 2nd 5870 soon and was wondering if there were any major crossfire bugs known yet.

My name in game is LuckyShot btw, if anyone wants to do some quests.

Didn't WoW not take advantage of SLI or CFX for a long time? Does it still not use it? Honestly even if it doesn't Blizzard makes their games so pretty much anyone can play them even with older hardware. So using just the one card will probably still play it perfectly.

Sorry, no CFX for me. I have played on my desktop with a 6950 and it looks wonderful (can't wait until the final version comes out) and on my 2011 15" MBP and it looks good (Win7 bootcamp), just not as good as my desktop and it ran better after I updated to the latest AMD driver, 11.10 I believe. I have not downloaded on the Mac side yet. Anyone playing the beta on a Mac?

Respecing/Reskilling is pretty important. We don't live in the stone age of gaming anymore. I don't see why anyone should be forced to reroll the same class just because they can't respec. The only time this is even somewhat agreeable is if that game has multiple playthrough paths like Fallout or Elder Scrolls. Every time you play things can go different, however for games like Diablo with a fixed storyline nothing changes. Its the same story every playthrough. You gain no benefits from rerolling.

I actually completely disagree. Although I've used respeccing in other games because it was available to me, I feel such things is a little bit like babying players. I don't mind that you're stuck with your decisions. Having respeccing makes it so people can spec a class a certain way early on for the easiest path through the game, and then respec late-game to suit their needs then instead of having to actually make a decision about whether you're going to suffer early to be powerful later, or slightly weaken yourself later so you're better off early.

Not everyone saves and exits. When I, and many others I know, play hardcore it's played the way it's supposed to be. I laugh as well at those losers that setup some "killswitch" for those oh crap moments. Take your death like a man and reroll.

:withstupid: I played Hardcore and never Saved & Quit - I took my deaths as they came (sadly). Also, Save & Exit was never instant, and I know one friend who did it and came back to find his character dead.

I actually completely disagree. Although I've used respeccing in other games because it was available to me, I feel such things is a little bit like babying players. I don't mind that you're stuck with your decisions. Having respeccing makes it so people can spec a class a certain way early on for the easiest path through the game, and then respec late-game to suit their needs then instead of having to actually make a decision about whether you're going to suffer early to be powerful later, or slightly weaken yourself later so you're better off early.

I like to see you stick no respecs in a mmorpg. Long grind time to level. Then there are so many roles certain classes can play. Who wants to create the same class 2-3 times just to fill all those roles with limited character slots. Even within those roles there are many build types. A mmorpg without respec would turn many hardcore players off.

I sure as hell wouldn't play WoW when I did if it didn't have it. I had to switch between 2-3 different builds at late game several times a day. Healer PvE, Healer PvP, Tank, DPS PvE. Hell if I'm going to reroll 4 characters of the same class to do those builds and redo all my achievements and titles again.

I don't see respecing as babying a player. It seriously enhances their ability to fill many roles. It builds their skill set to join a guild if one player has mastered many roles of his character. IDK how you guys view Respecing from a Singleplayer RPG or from a MMORPG, because in a MMORPG its one of the most important features when you can easily invest hundreds or a thousand hours into a single character.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Eh, i've capped more then a handful of characters in korean based grind fest games. WoW takes what like 2 weeks if you don't try? I basically view it as a cheap thing to do. If you want to min-max your char imo you should have to earn it by planning your build ahead of time and leveling with that build in mind.

I finished the beta wih a Barbarian so far. On normal it is way too easy. Going to play next character on higher difficulty. Has anyone run into any glitches? I didn't find anything noticeable.