Diablo 3

tkrow21

• 3 weeks later...

I received mine yesterday morning as well. Looks like quite a wave went out.

I got it downloaded and started playing through Act 1... so far the gameplay is reminiscent of D2, but definitely more polished in terms of graphics, environment, and the action itself. I would like a little more in the way of graphics, but the game is still pretty none the less. Not nearly enough to push my system (all settings at max while Batman Arkham Asylum in background all settings at max, all at 1920x1080) and I never dropped below 60 FPS.

I've been playing the Demon Hunter... interesting resource system, sort of a mana/energy hybrid. The skills are definitely limited at level 5 (where I am at), but so far I'm finding the story interesting. It feels very smooth and intuitive, unlike say Witcher 2.

Also, so far it has been bug free! Installing required disabling of real-time virus scanning (if you cannot extract from the archive in setup, this will probably fix it for you). Other than that, I have yet to see any glitches.

If anyone has anything they want me to test out or look into (or other questions) feel free to ask! Currently I don't know if its possible to get into a game with friends yet, currently you just select a quest and it will match you automatically. Hopefully that feature gets added in the future...

Bought. :)

I also received the beta invite last night, installed, and played as a Demon Hunter. I love it. Lordy how I have missed clicking like crazy at monsters and barrels. Hahaha. I am Monkson on D3 if anyone ever wants to play.

Bought. :)

I also received the beta invite last night, installed, and played as a Demon Hunter. I love it. Lordy how I have missed clicking like crazy at monsters and barrels. Hahaha. I am Monkson on D3 if anyone ever wants to play.

Is there a way to choose who you play a game with? I haven't really had a chance to look into the social aspects of the game so far, but they don't seem very front and center to the game experience so far.

Ordered CE from Amazon. Don't no why but I did. Game is basically what you would expect. No surprises Diablo 2 that looks a lot prettier. Played as Barbarian so far. I'm just going to go down the line and try them all. Stable so far. They should have let it rip for the holidays.

Edited by InCrYsIs

If you're saying Diablo 2 has better graphics than Diablo 3 you need some glasses.

No. I'm saying its Diablo 2 but looks a lot better. Probably could have worded it better. Just saying it has the same recipe. Smash, kill and loot with better graphics.

Ugh its definitely not Diablo 2 with better graphics. How much have you followed the game?

Auction House, Crafting, No pots, No teleport scrolls, PvP Arena, Runes that change skills, and etc. Hell if you die, you respawn at a checkpoint with all your gear minus 10% durability. This isn't no Diablo 2.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Is there a way to choose who you play a game with? I haven't really had a chance to look into the social aspects of the game so far, but they don't seem very front and center to the game experience so far.

When you log into the game initially there are three buttons in the bottom right corner; one is them is the auction house, one is friends (not sure what it is called exactly), and I don't remember what the third one is. I clicked the friends last night and you can add and manage people there. Hope that helps and is accurate. :)