What is your favorite case of all time

i still :wub: my CM Stacker 810 even with the dents dings and failed mods i have done and I have been looking at cases for over a week now but still just keep say forget it i want my stacker

The only two cases I've owned are the Antec 900 and the CM 690 II Advanced, and so my vote has to go for the latter. The 690 has a tool-less design, is easy to disassemble, easy to install things, great cable management, air filters, great cooling, has raised feet and a cut-out on the bottom so you can mount your PSU with the fan pulling air in from below, a hot swappable docking port on top to put in a SATA drive while the computer is on, and it looks pretty damn good inside and out. What else can I say? The only one of those things I listed that the Antec 900 has is the great cooling. The 690 blows it out of the water.

Edited by malmsteenisgod

I have to say the Silverstone FT-02. I haven't owned the RV-02 yet (getting the RV02B-EW for my next build soon), but the FT-02 blew me away. The sheer quality of the parts is amazing. I went from a Thermaltake Tsunami Dream to a Thermaltake Armor+ full tower, and the quality, acoustics, and cooling on the FT-02 are unbelievable in comparison. The one I got was for my brother's computer, so I don't even own one, but it left a VERY lasting impression. I can't wait to get the raven 2.

I've built systems with the Antec 1200, several rosewill cases, Thermaltake cases (mentioned above), and nothing in my experience has ever gotten close to comparing.

*Disclaimer: I've never used any Corsair, Cooler Master, or Lian Li cases before. Just the ones I mentioned.

Try the LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62, it'll be one of your favorites. :)

I've also used:

Rosewill R220-P-BK - Bought really cheap for $25 via a combo deal. Lackluster, but works.

COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW - Bought cheap for $45 via a combo deal. Also lackluster, but works.

Antec 900 - Bought used for $60, was still in great shape, just needed to be cleaned. A lot of flaws, but once it's put together, it looks very nice in a small package.

COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper - Bought cheap from someone local for $80. Only a few gripes (minor vibration noise at times, and static discharge on the front panel affects the computer, and I can't mount a 120.2 rad on top), but otherwise almost a contender for a recommendation. At $80, definitely, but at $145, no.

Thermaltake Xaser VI - Bought at around $120, definitely a solid heavy duty case, but it could be better, imo.

I've also used a lot of no-name cases I find off the street or on Craigslist for some builds. As long as I can find a way to mod the case and make it work the way I want, it's all good for me. However, there are some cases that just blow me away, like the LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62.

The first case that I ever really loved was the Zalman GT1000. I know it's not the greatest case ever, but it was the first case that I saw when I was about 15 that really made me go "Wow... it would be so cool to have that!". I know it was absurdly overpriced (Like $400, I think?) and had mediocre wiring at best, but damn if it was a gorgeous case.

I too think that the Corsair 800D looks like a great case. I also like the Coolermaster Storm Scout.

Out of the cases I've owned there is the case from my Compaq Presario that is rather small and it's difficult to add/remove drives and then there is my Antec Six hundred that I also dislike because I've just grown to dislike the look of it and because I bent the side panel in some way and now it's extremely difficult to put back on and even when I get it back on its still crocked. I've also managed to tear off two of the case feet when I was at a friends house so they're held on with gaffer tape though I do like the 200mm exhaust fan on the top. It also has a window on the roof but because said window is tinted and there typically aren't lights on top of DVD drives I cant actually see anything through it.