Thoughts on "re-certified" psu?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341042

I'm just wondering what are your thoughts on recertified stuff from newegg? I figure if newegg deems it fine and its OCZ I should be good to go?

I'd jump on that... very nice deal. Waco's PSU is re-certified and there is absolutely nothing different between it and a new one besides a sticker on in that says re-certified. Newegg is awesome for deals like that -- and open box items. My mobo is an open box and when it got here -- you would have never known it wasn't brand new nothing missing!

I'd go for it -- Hell I'd buy one right now if I had the money. :P

the link isnt working 4 me. As far as recertified stuff from new egg. I always ask clients before using any item like that, but the deals are really really good at times and i do end up using re-certified items often enough that i personally am not afraid of them. Ppl will tell you that that re-certified items have tougher quality checking specs to meet. All i know is that so far no re-certified hardware i have ordered has turned out to be a bad thing. If you dont know the policy and the rules, get to. The decision is ultimately yours. I personally am not afraid of any re-certified items and wouldnt be afraid to use them.

Edited by ocre

Just ordered it, I'm still saving / waiting for 1155 mobo's for my new build but this is my first piece, have like 90% of the money saved for the build anyway. I'm pumped :D

Nothing wrong with re-certified, as long as you're okay with the risk/cost difference. PSU's are probably the best items to be re-certified, as the Quality Control factors are easier to test and verify (just plug it in and measure the current). Most likely they just replaced a shorted resistor or a bad capacitor (~$.50 components).

Yea I ordered the PSU, case (haf x), i5 2500k, 4 gigs of mushkin 1600 blackline. I'm just waiting for the rest of the 1155 mobo's to hit the shelfs, and still haven't decided on a GPU yet. I'm excited though, just (fingers crossed) sold my old rig today to a local buyer, he's coming to look at it tonight.

Any thoughts on a GPU? I'm torn between a 6970 and a GTX 570, roughly the same price.

Since I work in the recertified electronics business - I'll tell you straight. Recertified from a factory authorized service or repair center of good reputation = just as good as new + 100% inspected for safety and function. In fact, you're more likely to get a 100% working unit that has been factory serviced, remanufactured or recertified than if you bought one straight from the factory in China.

Yea I ordered the PSU, case (haf x), i5 2500k, 4 gigs of mushkin 1600 blackline. I'm just waiting for the rest of the 1155 mobo's to hit the shelfs, and still haven't decided on a GPU yet. I'm excited though, just (fingers crossed) sold my old rig today to a local buyer, he's coming to look at it tonight.

Any thoughts on a GPU? I'm torn between a 6970 and a GTX 570, roughly the same price.

why didnt you wait for the 1155 mobo hit the shelfs first?

You may get some combo deal discount!!

why didnt you wait for the 1155 mobo hit the shelfs first?

You may get some combo deal discount!!

True, you could have gotten the i7 2500K with an ASUS P8P67 Pro with probably a $30 discount.