What do you think of Firefox 4?

Onion

What do you think of Firefox 4?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Firefox 4?

• It's great, I love it!
    • It's pretty good, but I'll keep using FF 3.
    • It sucks, I'd rather use another browser.
    • I haven't used it yet and don't plan on it.
    • I haven't used it yet, but I will soon.

Yeah, im already looking for my 3.6 installer. Might try palemoon. Though actually i have been more and more attracted to opera recently. I use it for light browsing but firefox for all my work and wed development primary phase(get it working before multi browser testing).

What do you think of the sig?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

!!!! :angry::wacko::glare::sick: !!!

I just upgraded........

If i wanted to use chrome i would.

Grrr i am so mad with mozzilla.......

any way to get back the menus bar?

Options -> Menu Bar.

Thanks. Still doesn't feel as nice as 3.6 and is too close to chrome for my liking.

You change the tabs back to where they used to be and the menu bar the way it used to be as well.

I usually hate changing my ways (probably one of the last to switch from Windows XP) but I just went with it and now I'm really liking the extra room.

No status bar on the bottom, no tab bar and no menu bar.

You change the tabs back to where they used to be and the menu bar the way it used to be as well.

I usually hate changing my ways (probably one of the last to switch from Windows XP) but I just went with it and now I'm really liking the extra room.

No status bar on the bottom, no tab bar and no menu bar.

:withstupid:

It's really easy to get FF4 feeling like the older one again.

I also had trouble adjusting at first but I stuck with it and personally I like having the menu bar gone now, though it's not actually gone, it was just moved out of the way really. The tabs I couldn't get used to though because I always have something like 20 tabs open on firefox all the time and I move around firefox windows a lot which you can't easily do with a ton of tabs on the title bar.

Anyone here use the tab groups functionality? I personally don't, but then I don't have the many tabs open at a time, so it's not like I need it. If you could bookmark tab groups, such that when I start up I'm running a few with my usual stuff, than it may be useful, but currently, nothing for me.

Also, as far as the change in design, I'm running it with menu and tab bar as it was before on my desktop, but the minimalist way they've introduced with 4 on my laptop, specifically to save screen space. In case you couldn't tell, I don't have a problem with the change as an option. If it were forced and I couldn't go back to how it was before :angry:

:withstupid:

It's really easy to get FF4 feeling like the older one again.

I also had trouble adjusting at first but I stuck with it and personally I like having the menu bar gone now, though it's not actually gone, it was just moved out of the way really. The tabs I couldn't get used to though because I always have something like 20 tabs open on firefox all the time and I move around firefox windows a lot which you can't easily do with a ton of tabs on the title bar.

Just an FYI... press ALT once and the old menu bar appears VOILA! now you can easily use it how you used to but still keep it out of the way...

:D

I've been playing with FF4 for a few months now (beta through RTM). I don't really have anything negative to say about it, but it hasn't wowed me either. In fact I've been slowly migrating to IE9 and Chrome on all of my machines and FF has just kind of slipped to the way side. I can't find a compelling reason to keep 3 or more browsers installed.

So it's IE9 (for business network) and Chrome for everything else.