What do you think of Firefox 4?

Onion

What do you think of Firefox 4?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Firefox 4?

• It's great, I love it!
    • It's pretty good, but I'll keep using FF 3.
    • It sucks, I'd rather use another browser.
    • I haven't used it yet and don't plan on it.
    • I haven't used it yet, but I will soon.

I'm with you guys on this, I don't like the chrome clone look, especially dislike the tabs being on the title bar, makes it kind of annoying to move the window around. :(

Edit: big :mfp: for myself here, I googled it after posting and there is actually a simple option to gives tabs their own toolbar again if you right click on the address bar(not the address area itself).

Edited by Deathmineral

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a big fan of the tabs in the title bar. I use keyscrambler, which has a small window pop up to show me the encrypted keystrokes. The only good spot for it is the top left, but I can't put it there anymore since it covers up my tabs.

keyscrambler.png

Just switched from Google Chrome to FF4. To be honest, I didn't want to make the switch, but I had to. Google Chrome was touchy with my Wireless Gateway I have through ATT DSL. Sometimes while browsing or closing Chrome, it would shut down the wireless on the gateway. Nothing else does this, even when using other browsers.

Made the switch over, and I like how it looks and feels like Chrome. Made the transition easy for me. I don't see any speed difference. I'm sure there is some difference, but milliseconds really aren't noticeable to us. Gets the A+ in my book. Sorry Chrome.

Just switched to it today and so far no major complaints.

I too disliked the tabs on the top, but you can change that in the options. You can change the entire layout quite a bit too, so after playing around with it for a few minutes i was satisfied.

My add-ons worked right away (foxy tunes, download status bar and ad-block plus) and I haven't had any strange issues so far.

My theme (redshift) did not work, but a persona will do for now.

Just switched to it today and so far no major complaints.

I too disliked the tabs on the top, but you can change that in the options. You can change the entire layout quite a bit too, so after playing around with it for a few minutes i was satisfied.

My add-ons worked right away (foxy tunes, download status bar and ad-block plus) and I haven't had any strange issues so far.

My theme (redshift) did not work, but a persona will do for now.

I haven't had any add-on trouble either, all of my add-ons worked through each and every step of the beta and still work now. I stopped bothering with themes and personas when FF3 was released, I just got sick of people creating themes that I really liked and then not updating them.

I'm with you guys on this, I don't like the chrome clone look, especially dislike the tabs being on the title bar, makes it kind of annoying to move the window around. :(

Edit: big :mfp: for myself here, I googled it after posting and there is actually a simple option to gives tabs their own toolbar again if you right click on the address bar(not the address area itself).

:rofl:

I've been using the nightly builds for months now, so I've already got it exactly how I want it (at least as far as it lets me). I have the tabs on top on my laptop, with the smaller screen, but the classic tab toolbar on desktop with my 1152 pixel high screen.

I'm sticking with the nightly builds though, because that'll let me keep 64-bit. Could someone do me a favor and post if the Amazon Lightning Deals render in their copy of FF4. I've been forced to look at them in other browsers for awhile now. Could be something to do with running FF4 x64 or Flash x64, don't know. In either case, the stuff I've read from other beta testers is that it's Amazon's fault. Don't know, just want to see a fix.

Yah there's nothing displaying for the Amazon Lightning Deals here. I disabled ad-blocking stuff and still nothing. Perhaps amazon will eventually get certain butts into gear eventually. :dunno:

EDIT: they do show up in chrome though

EDIT2: they show up in ff4 on top of the all deals page. As soon as I click on Lightning Deals in the menu on the left I get nothing again.

Edited by PruritusAni

Yah there's nothing displaying for the Amazon Lightning Deals here. I disabled ad-blocking stuff and still nothing. Perhaps amazon will eventually get certain butts into gear eventually. :dunno:

EDIT: they do show up in chrome though

I only use Chrome when I have to deal with one of the four GMail accounts I need access to and the two Youtube channels, and now this, since I have it pinned to the taskbar. Would use IE (that's for my Live account stuff) but that's not pinned down there.

Are you also using FF4 x64 and Flash x64? Maybe we can isolate the problem.

Edited by Guest_Jim_*

Uhh I'm not entirely sure. :pfp:

OK I did some clicking around through the troubleshooting info and found this:

Application Basics

Name Firefox

Version 4.0

User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0

Shockwave Flash

File: NPSWF32.dll

Version: 10.2.153.1

Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153

will this answer your questions?