Alas, my poor PSU!

Alas, my PSU is dying.

In the middle of watching a movie I started hearing this strange high-pitched sound. After much effort I found out it was one of the caps in my PSU which is squealing like a pig. Now the computer won't even boot up anymore (just get BSOD) so I guess I'm looking for a new PSU.

PSUs I'm considering: Thermaltake Toughpower 775W - 120 on Newegg, but 100 at TigerDirect (hopefully it's 100 in my local CompUSA, I'll have to go see for myself.)

Pay your respects to my poor old ULTRA 750W, for it shall soon be in the junk heap.

Nice free 3D Mark 11 Advanced edition :)

Yup! We just put that same PSU in BluePanda's build and it's very nice. The finish is matte black (which looks great) and it's damn silent even under load. The cables are well sleeved and are plenty long enough for a HAF 932.

I have no complaints about it, it's cheap, and it's 80 Plus Bronze. :) I don't think you can beat it for $100 shipped. I tend to stay as far away from Thermaltake PSUs as possible.

Edited by Waco

That's a hell of a deal, it's a shame I'll probably be walking into Comp USA today to pick up a PSU instead of ordering one. I sat here for a week on this damn laptop and can't stand it any longer. XD

a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy

(if you dont know i wont tell you. :P )

Oh you. :rolleyes:

That's a hell of a deal, it's a shame I'll probably be walking into Comp USA today to pick up a PSU instead of ordering one. I sat here for a week on this damn laptop and can't stand it any longer. XD

If you'd ordered it last night you would have had it by Friday at the latest... :lol: