Sapphire mini-ITX AMD Fusion E350 Motherboard Tested

Nemo

We've got a review up on a mini-ITX board based on the AMD Dual-Core Processor E350 with AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics. You can check it out here: Sapphire Pure Fusion Mini E350 APU Mainboard - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/sapphire_fusion_apu_mini_e350/

Found at least one site offering a preorder for 146 USD

Sounds about right compared to other E350 motherboard/cpu combos...but definitely a little expensive compared to the ASROCK board.

EDIT: Oh dear god, why does it use SODIMM?

Edited by Locutus

What I am seeing is a solid platform to build the basic net PC off of. A lot of people just want some internet, email and maybe watch a movie and this gives a good cost effective platform to base that off of. 50 watts at full load is really nice. I am curious though about the processor power when added to a discrete card? Could this processor be viable with say a 5770 on it for MMO gaming at 720 or does it carry enough horsepower as it is?

i've been looking for an itx mobo w/wifi for an inexpensive work/office mini build, but it seems the best i can do with off the shelf components, comes out more expensive than i can buy one of those atom prebuilt mini's for. so the point is, the price is important. the "to be determined" price point doesn't help me in terms of figuring out costs for a future build. even a ballpark figure would tell me if it is feasible or not...and well no wifi is sort of a bust

Pricy but IMHO worth it. I really like this new APU chipset.

aj when you say apu it calls up thoughts of articles i've read about the llanos amd cpu/gpu combined computing applications that are coming in the near future...is this like that ?...and i guess you're right 160 isn't to awful much "considering"..,

aj when you say apu it calls up thoughts of articles i've read about the llanos amd cpu/gpu combined computing applications that are coming in the near future...is this like that ?...and i guess you're right 160 isn't to awful much "considering"..,

Yeah, the APU stands for Accelerated Processor Unit which means that it has a CPU and GPU on the same die. The E350, which this board has, is a 1.6GHz dual-core processor with an HD 6310 GPU on the same chip. Basically, you get this motherboard or any of the other Fusion ones and all you need to make it work is some RAM, a hard drive, and a power supply.

Good review Alan, looks like a very sweet combo and has me thinking of going this route for a new HTPC as well as a new rig for my folks.

Yeah, the APU stands for Accelerated Processor Unit which means that it has a CPU and GPU on the same die. The E350, which this board has, is a 1.6GHz dual-core processor with an HD 6310 GPU on the same chip. Basically, you get this motherboard or any of the other Fusion ones and all you need to make it work is some RAM, a hard drive, and a power supply.

What is the wattage requirement for this board?

I'd imagine this board, an SSD and a few sticks of ram wold be potentially less than 100w (maybe 150?), am I right?

DERP

Never mind LINK