Dan's Computer News Updates and Stuff...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/02/24/amd_bulldozer_core_isscc/

2 days till cebit

Great rumour fatedmeeting...remembering that intel says ivy bridge will bring a max of 20% performance boost in cpu and 30% in gpu... AMD might have their best year...damn recession, maybe 28nm node will cause intel problems i don't know...

Amd is said to plan 3.5ghz speed and up per core with 500mhz turbocore without disabling any cores so it can go up to 4ghz without any oc...and higher depending on the boards tdp...and overclocking should be good too because of high k gate( whats that?) and 32nm production node...2-7 days and we might know a lot more than rumours and about the 6990

i have been hearing news for bulldozerand waiting for it for quite a while right now

is it really worth the wait?

how is the performance? (better than sandy bridge?)

and price?

most importantly, when is it coming out? (what month in quarter 2?)

ah....i hate waiting

The boards dont use the new AMD 990FX motherboard chip, but already available chips from the 8-series (890FX, 890GX, 880G and 870).

In addition should older Socket AM3 boards with 8-chip, which are already in use, support Bulldozer CPUs with an BIOS update. AMD told us, however, that AM3 boards, opposed to coming boards with Socket AM3 +, will not support all features of Bulldozer CPUs. What features are missing, did AMD not tell.

Link

I also found there is one extra pin on the AM3+

Edited by jk336699

• ir_cow unpinned this topic