best psu for the job

Hello i could do with help choosing a better psu for my build than the one that i have right now

this my spec's atm

MSI 790FX-GD70

AMD Phenom II X4 955

Corsair Hydro H70

G.Skill GSkill Ripjaws 4gb (1x4gb will be dual channel mode soon)

Leadtek GTX 280

RAIDMAX NINJA (will be changing to Antec Twelve Hundred)

Cooler master GX 650W

Since installing this psu i get cmos battery low error i have replaced with brand new one

and my sound has become distorted and you can hear and fan like whooshing nose coming thou the speakers

im no good with psu i know it need to have 1*24 motherboard 1*cpu 8 pin 1*pci6 pin 1*pci 8 pin

2* sata and at lest 40 amps on the +12v rails for the graphics card

any help would be good thanks allot

VeNotes

would the Corsair VX550W be a good choice it got 41 amp and my grafics card need min of 40 amps

How did you come to the conclusion that you graphics card needs 40 amps on the 12 volt rail as a minimum? You are talking about the Leadtek GTX 280 right?

would the Corsair VX550W be a good choice it got 41 amp and my grafics card need min of 40 amps

The Corsair VX550W will do the job nicely. When any website recommends a power supply I'm pretty sure they take into account the possibility of somebody buying the cheapest power supply they can find so they tend to quote on the high side for the 12V rail. If they quote 40A on the 12V rail then there are two choices, a good quality high end, low wattage unit or a cheap, low quality, high wattage unit.

For example after a quick look at what's available and bearing in mind it has to be 40A on the 12V rail you can have the Antec High Current Gamer 520W at £56.00 or the Colours IT Black Edition 750W at £32.00, both do 40A on the 12V rail so any of these will do the job? I know which I would be buying!

How much current do you think that the OP's system will draw Paul?

I've got the PSU eXtreme Pro Calculator which says that the system will be drawing a maximum of 28-30A on the 12 volt rail with a stock clocked GTX 280. Does this look reasonable?