• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok you guys are the first ones to see the new rig

d439d180.jpg

ceca3bd5.jpg

b74d3bc4.jpg

as you can see my card sit right next to each other. first one was at 52c with the fan at 65 the second one is at 33c

and if you are wondering the zelda nes game is a 500gb harddrive. i have over 300 nes games on it along with 2,673 old computer games starting in 1981 going up every year to 2006

and if you are wondering the zelda nes game is a 500gb harddrive. i have over 300 nes games on it along with 2,673 old computer games starting in 1981 going up every year to 2006

Dang, that's a cool looking watercooled test bench you got there.

The question is, did you play every single one of all those games? :O

What cooler you using?

Mother nature. :P

Dang, that's a cool looking watercooled test bench you got there.

The question is, did you play every single one of all those games? :O

Mother nature. :P

So the loop started as a h80. I then stripped it down to the block and added a 280 stealth rad from dangerden. All the fittings, clamps, and hoses came from frozencpu. It's a very tight fit for everything. I had to use MB standoffs under the fans so I could plug the sata cables in and the videocards are touching the fans, I couldn't fit a bigger card in there if I tried.

I do have some spare space I might look into water cooing the 560's. That first card is mighty hot at idle.

And no I haven't played most of the computer games. I downloaded the file for a few of them and got the others as a bonus.

d439d180.jpg

ceca3bd5.jpg

b74d3bc4.jpg

as you can see my card sit right next to each other. first one was at 52c with the fan at 65 the second one is at 33c

... This is awesome!! My favorite part is the NES game HDD. But the entire rig is incredible! Nice job man, im super jealous.

tonight when i play with it some more I'll take better pics of it. i need to clean up one or two cables and paint the videocard brackets and should be done. still looking to find waterblocks for the cards. but yes i am very happy how everything came out. i spent a good 4 hours milling out the bracket to hold the res, it was milled out of a solid block 2"thick 8" long 6" tall. i did all the milling on a bridgeport by hand.

I got a hell of a deal on this computer because newegg did a refund on the cpu and i was not going to call them and ask why so i got one of the 560's for $30. tonight after work i'll right up a parts list and see what the hole thing cost me.

so it looks like i might be sending both of these 560ti's back. no one makes waterblocks for them :( ill have to switch over to a ref evga card

Edited by olokul

ok so i did some testing

cpu at 5.1

ram settings

1600 7-8-7-20 score 4.524

1866 9-9-9-20 score 4.447

2133 10-10-10-28 score 4.426

got up to 5.2 on the cpu sticking with the 2133mhz ram score 4.317

y-c8.png

looks like this is the best i can do right now

cpu 5.3 ram 2133 score 4.252

y-c9.png

edit for bad news.... so i pulled one of the 560's out and am sending it back to newegg. going to replace them with these. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130604

now frozencpu has three blocks for the 560 dangerden, ek, and heatkiller is the ek any better then the dd block? i leaning more to ek just for the fact that its all black and will go a lot better with the hole computer.

Edited by olokul