Is the NZXT Lexa S worth it? Or is this case better?

Hey all, I'll be buying my new case next week or within next next week, anyways, I was wondering if the Lexa S by NZXT is worth it's weight in silver (since OCC rates it as silver only)? I've read a bunch of reviews of it and the reviews are kinda mixed, can't really decide if the case is great or what. The case is stylish hands down but I would like a case that is not only affordable (my budget is roughly between $65 to $90, no more no less) but reliable and offers good cooling solutions.

I was also comparing this case to this one : click me

The case has only been released I guess, in the european and asian regions (I'm from asia) thus the lack of good (english) reviews. I haven't read any english reviews of it yet, but this case is pretty popular from where I'm from yet I don't know if I should trust the people here LOL

So yeah that's it hope you guys can help me. I've been rummaging across the forums posting about which case to get for a while and it is just now that I've decided what my final 2 choices would be.

THANKS!

PS.

Specs for both cases for comparison reasons

vxc8w3.jpg

Cooling solution for the rs-9, copy pasted it from the manufacturer's site

Superb Airflow - install up to 6 x 12/14 cm fans !!!

1. Front - 1 x 12 cm fan (1 x 12 cm RED LED fan included)

2. Back - 1 x 12 cm fan (1 x 12 cm RED LED fan included)

3. Side - 2 x 12/14 cm fans (optional)

4. Top - 2 x 12/14 cm fans (optional)

ke7uav.jpg

Out of the two I would probably go for the Lexa S by NZXT as it has more fans but the only problem would be if you have a x58 chipset it might cook in it....

Edited by Alexandre

In all honesty, the airflow of the case isnt as big of a deal as how good your cpu cooler is. Both cases look to have good airflow, but any case can be upgraded to better fans if it doesnt live up to what you hoped. So it really comes down to looks, build quality, and price.

I cant speak for the build quality of the RS-9, but I have had NZXT cases in the past and I have always been happy with them. As for price, the Lexa is around $75, and the RS-9 looks to be in the ballpark as well.

So all we have left is the looks, and looks are subjective, so whichever you like more is the one I'd recommend.

@Alexandre:

Hey, nice seeing you here again, I think you misread, the rs-9 has more fans in it (it has 6) the lexa s has only 5 (from what is written), I have an am3 chipset so no problems there :D

@Savan:

Really really nice take on my situation, for the looks I'd really go with the lexa s, and for the price, they are priced here for about the same amount (the lexa s costs like $5 more I think, no biggie)

@oh_fubar:

Oh there really is a lot of room in it? all the while I thought the case was cramped (with concerns to the right side of the case) since I've read that squeezing the cables on the rightside was kinda difficult (accdg to some of the reviews)

Thanks for all the replies guys, will still be waiting for more input from other people, other case suggestions and what not would be great too :)

@Alexandre:

Hey, nice seeing you here again, I think you misread, the rs-9 has more fans in it (it has 6) the lexa s has only 5 (from what is written), I have an am3 chipset so no problems there :D

@Savan:

Really really nice take on my situation, for the looks I'd really go with the lexa s, and for the price, they are priced here for about the same amount (the lexa s costs like $5 more I think, no biggie)

@oh_fubar:

Oh there really is a lot of room in it? all the while I thought the case was cramped (with concerns to the right side of the case) since I've read that squeezing the cables on the rightside was kinda difficult (accdg to some of the reviews)

Thanks for all the replies guys, will still be waiting for more input from other people, other case suggestions and what not would be great too :)

better read those specs again ticktock 4 of those fans listed for the rs 9 are optional

and only one is in the lexa

better read those specs again ticktock 4 of those fans listed for the rs 9 are optional

and only one is in the lexa

:withstupid: I actually think that Aerocool is being quite deceptive giving you images of all of the fans installed when you only get 2 with the box. :down: