Nvidia GPU BIOS voltage unlock and flashing

El_Capitan

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Im going to leave it , I dont feel like voiding my 10 year waranty on a $500 card for getting to 1000mhz core , Im anyway at 950mhz and 2250mhz stable (I think) so I might just get a second GTX580 when I get my swop for an i7 .

I guess that's true. Btw, are you limited to 950MHz due to crashing, or due to seeing blips/tears? If it's the former, then you probably have more room to overclock it. If it's the latter, it won't matter if you gave it more juice.

Anyways, all my cards (GTX 460 1GB's and a HD 5970 2GB) have higher voltage limits. You're basically looking at zero to a 60 extra MHz max increase in Core Clocks with a 100mV - 150mV increase in GPU Voltage. Definitely not worth it unless you want every last drop of extra performance.

And I just remembered, to unlock the GTX 5xx line of cards, you need to donate in order to get the latest NiBiTor version that will work for it (last I checked).

Limited to 950mhz because it artifacts and then the driver stops responding . Its not even that hot but too much voltage is never good .

Im limited to 1150mV and the highest it can unlock the volts to is 1212mV which is only 62mV which doesnt justify much more performance

But some guys have got 1k core on 1212mV but that was on water

Well, the BIOS flash only goes up to 1212mV anyway. You have the ASUS GTX 580, right? ASUS usually have over-voltage allowance, which is why you can get to 1212mV. Plus, if you see artifacts and the driver stops responding, giving it more juice won't stop the artifacting (using my ASUS GTX 460 1GB's in SLI as an example).

• 1 month later...

Capi... this thread is AWESOME. Seriously... 3 minutes to backup, edit and flash the BIO's of my GTX570. Not only did i give it the full 1200mv, but i also unlocked the 100% fan speed as well. Wasnt really needed i know, but still. Nice to have it just incase.

GREAT GUIDE! This should be sticky'd if its not already.

yeah I remember I flashed my buddy's EVGA 260 to a FTW bios and unlocked the voltage but I think it had a voltage inhibitor since it had artifacts after the voltage tweak (the FTW bios itself worked fine with just the standard voltage).

It's as easy as 1, 2, 3.

1. GPU-Z backup the original bios

2. put Nlash and target new bios on a flash drive

3. Boot to flash drive with and run NFlash with the correct flags, then restart.