Game Lithographs

ir_cow

So recently i started buying Lithographs from Bioware and noticed a lot of game company's make lithographs featuring the concept/game art.

I thought i would pass it along because its such a awesome thing to have in your house but you see only one problem. most prints are limited to 500, kinda makes them feel more valuable somehow.

i have a album of the 3 got http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/Evilestcow/Lithograph/

Titan Mines Main Camp Lithograph

DS2 Exclusive Artwork.

18x24 litho, 100lb paper. 500 printed and signed by the artist. Limited Edition.

Deadspacelithro1.jpg

DA2 Kirkwall Gate Lithograph

22" x 39" litho, 100lb paper. 500 printed, signed and numbered by artist

DA2litho2.jpg

St. Lucia in Flight Litho

18x24 litho, 100lb paper. 300 printed, signedand numbered by artist.

inferlitho1.jpg

Websites:

Dead Space and Dante's Inferno

Mass Effect and Dragon Age (Star Wars coming also?)

Edited by hornybluecow

Interesting.

The family as a small art gallery that also stocks art materials and offers a picture framing service. You'll often find me picture framing on Saturdays. I reckon I could sell the $9.99 prints framed and ready to hang for about £50.00 each, the $40.00 prints around £80.00. Would there be any interest in them I wonder?

@hornybluecow how much did they cost altogether, including framing, if you don't mind me asking?

not very much, i think the total cost excluding the odd size one is $55 ($40 print+$15 frame). the odd size one i had to get a larger size frame because if i did a custom fit it would be $100. I just got a 27x40 and matted it myself.

i don't know if it would be worth while selling it if it wasn't signed and numbered (which it is) but still the profit is low, kinda a odd market i think. Also for some reason the Mass Effect ones always sell out super quick before i can get my hands on a character print and than i see it on ebay for $300...

i just ordered 2 more! i think i'm going to end up filling my whole place soon.

Edited by hornybluecow

Very cool. I have a friend that used to collect movie ones, like from Disney.

They definitely make excellent art pieces, and yes, the limited printing of them are nice, but for anyone looking to purchase some, buy them because you like the way they look, don't buy them because you think they'll go up in value, because most won't.

• 1 month later...

Wow, these look really good. Nice choices.

I was wondering, how did you frame the Kirkwall Gate Litho? I just got mine, but Im having a hell of a time finding the right size frame due to the wierd 22x39 print size.

Did you do a custom frame? Thanks!!

I don't collect Litho's but I do have a huge collection of game posters.

Back in the day game posters used to be extremely rare, especially cover art posters.

I have alot of Blizzard posters, two of which are signed and framed.

My most recent addition :)

post-66459-12991100981428_thumb.jpg

• 7 years later...