Intel Core i7 2600K and Core i5 2500K Reviewed

Bosco

nice review....

I am really hoping one of the companies such as Asus are going to offer a P67 mATX board. I really want to upgrade over my current set up of the Asus P5E-VM/ Q9450 but I want the options of a P67 in the smaller formfactor....

Here is to hoping

pretty cool, the overclock isn't giving me that tingling feeling though :( It's like when the P4's were mad overclockable too.

Anyways, that's just on that aspect, result wise...not bad intel, not bad!

pretty cool, the overclock isn't giving me that tingling feeling though :( It's like when the P4's were mad overclockable too.

Anyways, that's just on that aspect, result wise...not bad intel, not bad!

Sooooo, you'd rather it be a smaller overclock? :blink:

Great procs! Not enough to make me regret buying an i7-950 last month, but really great either way.

I, for one, am impressed by intel's new IGP. From a system builder standpoint, you can now offer a budget gaming rig that can play most modern games on mid-high without a discrete card!

Spend a bit of money on a Hyper212+ and overclock the chip for your customer and you have a hot seller on your hands.

Spend a bit of money on a Hyper212+ and overclock the chip for your customer and you have a hot seller on your hands.

Eh... Overclocking VOIDS all warranties...why would you build and sell a PC with a voided warranty? unless you take on the warranty yourself?

Eh... Overclocking VOIDS all warranties...why would you build and sell a PC with a voided warranty? unless you take on the warranty yourself?

That would be the idea, also it only voids the warranties of the parts that are overclocked and that the companies KNOW that you did. Regardless, I would never sell a PC to someone else that I wouldn't feel comfortable using myself, and if I didn't feel like I could RMA parts if need be.

Edited by alexonfyre

IMO, you shouldn't sell anyone an OC'd PC. Let them do that themselves if they want and bear the risk. You have no idea what environment they will be introducing it to. It could be 10 degrees warmer in their house and cause it to overheat whereas you thought it was completely fine. Not worth it.

On the CPU. Most but not all GPU companies allow overclocking and i assume mobo companies do. (otherwise why all the features aimed at oc'ers)

Sooooo, you'd rather it be a smaller overclock? :blink:

hell no, for some reason im just not as excited as i should be by seeing this high overclock.

it's just a weird gut feeling, my impression on the overall results is the same as others, totally awesome!