Questions regarding Thermaltake V9 Black Edition

Hey guys, i decided to get myself a new PC, to change my HP DV9690en laptop, and i have a few questions regarding the case im thinking of buying.

Im currently looking at Thermaltake V9 Black Edition, its a nice case, has good air flow, and will fit in the black/red desigh i want.

The motherboard i got, is Rampage III Extreme, an ATX board (Well atleast the websites say it is), but, its a little bigger than normal ATX, to be more precise, its 25mm wider than ATX, so in total its 269mm (Considering normal ATX is 244).

The case is made for normal ATX boards, and i was really bothered by the question, will the motherboard fit normaly in it?

After some researching i found that the longest video card you can fit in that case is 290mm, so i gues the motherboard will fit just fine? Cause i dont really want to spend 2x more the cost of V9 and get the Thermaltake Element V.

Also, since im here, i would like to ask will Noctua NH-U12P fit in that case without the need to remove the back cooler?

About the other parts - im thinking on getting a i7 930-950, 6GB of Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz, a WD Black 500GB HDD, and i already got a GTX460 and a 700W PSU, used them with a laptop (The standart 8600GS was killing me).

Cheer, Max399.

I have to urge you not to get that case. I am currently the miserable owner of one and I could not regret getting one more. I've had to send parts of it back to Thermaltake countless times, it doesn't accept the heatsink I needed for my CPU, so I have to have the side panel off, and it's just a generally poorly made case.

Please, consider something like the Coolermaster CM690 II, a much, much better case and around the same price if not cheaper.

I got that Case. I like it and I have all same components as you will have except for the motherboard.

I was between the CM690 and V9 Black and I just got this because it was the only available.. I dont know.. is a case.. a piece of metal It doesnt care too much except for the fans and space inside..

Is big enough and it have 2 big 23CM Fan and 2 14cm FAn.

The 690 have slot for 10 fan but you will need to invest more money to use and you know you will run cooler just becausre you can add 40 fan.. And I think it only comes with 2! Fan of 12cm. If you want more you'll need to pay for them.

anyway both are good and excellent brands

I have to urge you not to get that case. I am currently the miserable owner of one and I could not regret getting one more. I've had to send parts of it back to Thermaltake countless times, it doesn't accept the heatsink I needed for my CPU, so I have to have the side panel off, and it's just a generally poorly made case.

Please, consider something like the Coolermaster CM690 II, a much, much better case and around the same price if not cheaper.

Maybe just bad luck? Or a defective one? CM690 II is nice, out of stock here thought + the color sheme is a lil diffrent, need red-black one :/

I got that Case. I like it and I have all same components as you will have except for the motherboard.

I was between the CM690 and V9 Black and I just got this because it was the only available.. I dont know.. is a case.. a piece of metal It doesnt care too much except for the fans and space inside..

Is big enough and it have 2 big 23CM Fan and 2 14cm FAn.

The 690 have slot for 10 fan but you will need to invest more money to use and you know you will run cooler just becausre you can add 40 fan.. And I think it only comes with 2! Fan of 12cm. If you want more you'll need to pay for them.

anyway both are good and excellent brands

Great, good news for me :)

http://www.dabs.ie/p...o-psu-77N2.html

Pure awesomeness.

Is this available in your country?

It's got 5 fan controllers built in and rubber mounts for drives...

Yeah, that case is nice, a red-black one would be just awesome! :)

P.S: Anyone knows any black-red case with red-lighting?

The second one is definetly nice, but its not available here at my country..

The first one, well.. It looks a simple case.. Not too good.. Plus its twice the price of the V9.

Id rather get a Thermaltake Element V than the CM one.