PowerColor 6850 PCS+ Graphics Card Reviewed

Nemo

OCC has posted a review of a factory-overclocked HD 6850 video card with a beefier cooling system. To see how well this card performs, check out the review on the PowerColor 6850 PCS+ - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/powercolor_6850_pcs/

Ok, so how could the extra 346-334=12W of power needed for the overclock result in 93-66=27C difference? That must be because the heatsink lost pressure on the gpu or the fan died, otherwise I can't see any reason. I've read a lot of reviews and have never seen anything like it...

Ok, so how could the extra 346-334=12W of power needed for the overclock result in 93-66=27C difference? That must be because the heatsink lost pressure on the gpu or the fan died, otherwise I can't see any reason. I've read a lot of reviews and have never seen anything like it...

It might be a typo I am not sure I am having him check.

Yes, it is correct. I was pretty surprised but I couldnt figure out what it was as nothing crashed and nothing was lose. The best I can figure is that the card had that 1 faulty temperature sensor out of a batch that once it hit a certain point reported max temps. Otherwise I have no clue, it didn't seem that ridiculously hot, but if so, the higher temps didnt seem to bother the card. Personally I wouldn't worry about it to much, performance was good across the test regimen.

It has to be a faulty temp sensor. A 12W difference shouldn't account for a 27C delta in temp.

Unless it failed during testing.

Chris can you double check it again please?

If it does it again I might have PC send us another one to try.

I just checked this card out,it get P16000k in vantage while oced,thats even fster than 4780X2 may be i should upgrade. :evilgrin: ,Nice review i like how the colors are assigned to each card, very easy to read now. :biggrin:

You are welcome!