Video card no output?

tomqazz

Hello,

I'm pretty novice so would appreciate any help..

I bought the ASUS M4A88T-V motherboard and the ASUS ENGTS450 video card,

however when I connect the card (including the dedicated power) I get no VGA output from either the card OR the on-board VGA port (including on boot time). When the card is disconnected, the on-board VGA works fine... Any ideas???

Thanks!

Tom

Hello,

I'm pretty novice so would appreciate any help..

I bought the ASUS M4A88T-V motherboard and the ASUS ENGTS450 video card,

however when I connect the card (including the dedicated power) I get no VGA output from either the card OR the on-board VGA port (including on boot time). When the card is disconnected, the on-board VGA works fine... Any ideas???

Thanks!

Tom

Always a great place to start before a build would be to read the manual.

Go into bios and simply select which graphics option is going to be used.

Hey Tom, glad you made it to the site.

First, give us more information:

1. What type of monitor are you using?

2. What type of cable are you using to connect to the monitor? For example, are you using the DVI output from the card to a HDMI input to the monitor?

What to do:

1. Try sticknstone's suggestion, remove your video card, get into the BIOS -> Advanced -> Chipset -> Primary Video Controller and set it to PCI-GFX0-GPP-IGFX, then save and exit. Shut your computer down, install your video card and connect the output of the video card to the input on your monitor, then boot it back up again.

2. Ensure the monitor is set to receive analog or digital input. Some monitors need to manually be set to what input they receive. I'm assuming since you were using onboard, you were using VGA to VGA or VGA to DVI or VGA to HDMI. Since you're now going from an analog to digital output, set it to digital mode.

3. If that doesn't work, try a different input on the monitor (HDMI, DVI, VGA). If you're going from DVI to VGA with your monitor set to analog, change it to DVI to DVI with your monitor to digital, then it should work.

If all those fail, then you just have a bad card... or your output doesn't work. You can always try a different output type on your video card.

What to do:

1. Try sticknstone's suggestion, remove your video card, get into the BIOS -> Advanced -> Chipset -> Primary Video Controller and set it to PCI-GFX0-GPP-IGFX, then save and exit. Shut your computer down, install your video card and connect the output of the video card to the input on your monintor, then boot it back up again.

2. Ensure the monitor is set to receive analog or digital input. Some monitors need to manually be set to what input they receive. I'm assuming since you were using onboard, you were using VGA to VGA or VGA to DVI or VGA to HDMI. Since you're now going from an analog to digital output, set it to digital mode.

3. If that doesn't work, try a different input on the monitor (HDMI, DVI, VGA). If you're going from DVI to VGA with your monitor set to analog, change it to DVI to DVI with your monitor to digital, then it should work.

If all those fail, then you just have a bad card... or your output doesn't work. You can always try a different output type on your video card.

:withstupid:

Those are great suggestions, try out different imputs to see where your problems lie.

Hey Tom, glad you made it to the site.

First, give us more information:

1. What type of monitor are you using?

2. What type of cable are you using to connect to the monitor? For example, are you using the DVI output from the card to a HDMI input to the monitor?

What to do:

1. Try sticknstone's suggestion, remove your video card, get into the BIOS -> Advanced -> Chipset -> Primary Video Controller and set it to PCI-GFX0-GPP-IGFX, then save and exit. Shut your computer down, install your video card and connect the output of the video card to the input on your monitor, then boot it back up again.

Thanks Capitan! I will try all these options (unfortunately it will take me 5 more long hours till I get home from work :erm: ... can't wait...)