Sabertooth X58 Motherboard from ASUS Reviewed

Nemo

OCC takes a look at an ASUS TUF (The Ultimate Force) motherboard based on the Intel X58 chipset with USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s support. Check out the ASUS Sabertooth X58 - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/asus_sabertooth_x58/

I got this board when I saw a deal for $179.99 with free shipping. I took a risk since there weren't any reviews out when I bought it, but am glad this review finally came!

P.S. I really like ASUS's BIOS. Having the Sabertooth, P6X58D Premium, and M4A87TD/USB3, it's fairly easy to overclock and figure out what to enable/disable, and having saved profiles is such a great feature!

Very Nice Review RHKCommander959!

The board is pretty sweet looking, looks like it has a ton of features as well.

I really like the Black(?) motherboard (Looks black to me anyways).

Black is like the new Green lately!

• 1 month later...

Great review! Just one question if I equip it with three graphics cards then there is no way of me being able to hook up a sound card and a network card to it? I was hoping to put three graphics card not sure which yet along with a PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series sound card and a VisionTek Bigfoot Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card. I would really appreciate you getting back to me on this manner as I will be buying these components soon.

Thanks

I have this board so depending on the size of your cards that you choose I would say No for two items. You should be able to use the first slot right underneath the North Bridge Cooler but the second one will be very tight.

If you picked Single Slot 5770's technically it should be fit but I am not a 100% sure. The 5770's I have are dual slot's so I can check that for you.

So, if that would work then I will use three XFX Radeon HD 5770's with a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Champion Series, and a Killer 2100 network card so yea if you could check that out for me that would be awesome so I know before I go and by that stuff and find out that it doesn't fit.

Thanks,

So, if that would work then I will use three XFX Radeon HD 5770's with a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Champion Series, and a Killer 2100 network card so yea if you could check that out for me that would be awesome so I know before I go and by that stuff and find out that it doesn't fit.

Thanks,

I have no way of checking. I don't have any single slot cards here to try. Based on my measurements it should work.

• 4 months later...

I have a question regarding this board and my friend of mine is a big fan of the site so i decided to ask here first.

With in the next few months im going to be building a computer and i have decided to use this board with the Cooler Master V8 CPU fan.

As the fan seems rather large and i have read reviews of it blocking the first memory slot i was wondering if anyone had any idea of that is the case with the Sabertooth?