1055T Overclocking

Hey all. I am new here, And new to overclocking amd cpu's (sort of). I have my 1055T @ 3.7ghz 1.368v According to cpu-z. Seems stable enough. However the problem i have is, my southbridge chipset seems to require at least 1.34v to boot and run stable. CPUNB is on 1.2V @2400mhz i belive (or just under) the southbridge chipset gets quite warm / toasty to touch. Worried about the heat its producing and if i really need 1.34 volts set under "chipset voltage". Cannot put a fan on it because my 5770 is blocking the way, it has an accelero twin turbo on it :P

Mobo is m4n68t-m Latest bios

Ram ddr3 Geil 9-9-9-25 1416mhz 1.65V

please help :)

Edited by Nemesis_2k7

you're sure everything's stable?? That CPU-NB voltage seems low for that CPU-NB freq, what's your ram's factory spec'd speeds

It was fine..so i upped the cpunb to 1.26 volts and freq to 2651mhz.. Chipset on 1.31 now.. gonna run it in. Trying to cool it as much as possible lol thanks for the response...

CPU/NB needs 1.25-1.35 volts . Probably closer to 1.35V.

:withstupid: I don't have the 1055T, but the 1090T. Concept's the same, however. If you're setting your CPU/NB Frequency to 2400MHz (which is what I set it to), you're going to need to up the CPU/NB Voltage. I have mine set to 1.3v and I'm stable via 2 hours of Prime95 and never crash 24/7 while constantly folding. If it's too hot for your liking, lower your frequency to stock settings. If you don't like that idea, you don't have to put a fan directly on it, just make sure your case gets good internal airflow and you'll be fine.

:withstupid: I don't have the 1055T, but the 1090T. Concept's the same, however. If you're setting your CPU/NB Frequency to 2400MHz (which is what I set it to), you're going to need to up the CPU/NB Voltage. I have mine set to 1.3v and I'm stable via 2 hours of Prime95 and never crash 24/7 while constantly folding. If it's too hot for your liking, lower your frequency to stock settings. If you don't like that idea, you don't have to put a fan directly on it, just make sure your case gets good internal airflow and you'll be fine.

well.. My northbridge appears to be inside my cpu? i have 1 chip on the mobo.. Southbridge.. So i got that down to 1.29 volts.. NB on 1.28 or something.. seems nicely stable for the moment

EDIT : Now reducing certain voltages, testing for stability. got 3.7 ghz so far.. 1.29 chipset voltage, 1.325 cpu volts 1.7 ram..seems to be prime 95'ing ok to. Any thing else i should check out? those voltages look ok?

Edited by Nemesis_2k7

ive got that cpu but diff mobo... ive got my NB at 2280... no point going higher.. doesnt really affect performance in the real world.. my NB is at 1.36 and im sitting at 3.99ghz

1.7 on the ram.. damn lol mines on 1.59 and its at 1519mhz lol

how r ur cpu temps??

oh forgot to mention.. NB is on the board.. not the cpu..

Edited by mattyamdfanboi

ive got that cpu but diff mobo... ive got my NB at 2280... no point going higher.. doesnt really affect performance in the real world.. my NB is at 1.36 and im sitting at 3.99ghz

1.7 on the ram.. damn lol mines on 1.59 and its at 1519mhz lol

how r ur cpu temps??

oh forgot to mention.. NB is on the board.. not the cpu..

My board is asus m4n68t-m And this ram has always been flaky.. My timings are on 9-9-9-24 tho.. Cannot find any other chip on this mobo except for the southbridge i belive...

The northbridge typically handles communications among the CPU, RAM, BIOS ROM, and PCI Express (or AGP) video cards, and the southbridge.[1][2] Some northbridges also contain integrated video controllers, also known as a Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH) in Intel systems. Because different processors and RAM require different signaling, a northbridge will typically work with only one or two classes of CPUs and generally only one type of RAM.

thats what i found..

well google for "m4n68t-m pictures" kindly please point out the location of the northrbidge.. everything i read says its built into the cpu. UNLESS maybe my board has both under 1 heatsink? There is nothing else i can see that points to a northbridge..

http://www.eio.com/popup.aspx?ProductID=20797&src=images/product/large/20797_3_.jpg

Edited by Nemesis_2k7

well we both have the same cpu, and mine doesnt have a NB built into it.. it does have a IMC, but thats not an NB...

amd id say the heatsink is the NB (rather far though) and the chip next to the PCIE is the SB without a heatsink... SB doesnt get as hot as the NB does.. obvious reasons.. nowhere near as fast (100mhz)