4U Rackmount Server Case from Norco Examined

Nemo

Sometimes you need a little more storage space in a case than normally comes standard in your everyday PC enclosure. That's where a rackmount case with room for 20+1 hard drives enters the picture. Check out what OCC reviewer ajmatson has to say about the Norco RPC-4020 4U - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/norco_rpc_4020/

how "loud" are the fans? how would you rate the chances of this case going unnoticed in a living room?

not very high I suppose?

I've built a server with this case.....you would be lucky not to hear the fans if you put it in the basement. They are very loud, I didn't have an SPL meter but I would say probably 50ddb-65db from 10 feet away.

EDIT: Sorry this was actually the RPC-4220 that I did the build with. I would imagine the fans would be the same or very similar though.

Why did you guys review this case? Why not the RPC-4220?

Edited by krazypoloc

Guest ajmatson

It is quite loud when in the open but surprisingly in my rack which is closed with doors it doesn't bother me at all and the rack sits right next to my desk. As far as the weight let me tell you it is a doosey. I am shocked that it does not come with rails because of how much it weighs empty. I would never mount a case this heavy on the ears alone. That is just asking for trouble. :)