OCC Checks Out Performance in Mafia II

Nemo

I played the Demo and loved it. I'm going to buy a dedicated PhysX Card JUST for this game. I have a feeling though, my 4890 won't be able to handle it as the review shows that PhysX drains the hardware by a nice bunch. :thumbsup: For great game and preview!

If you get a dedicated PhysX card to run along your 4890, you most probably won't see that drop in performance. It would have been great though to see the HD5870 and HD5850 tested with the GTX260 dedicated for PhysX.

Would my oc'ed HD5970 and 6 core 1055T at 4ghz be able to play it with PhysX enabled and give out decent FPS ? Or is a dedicated card like a GT240 needed ?

GREAT review!!

Download the demo,

I would have liked to have seen a GTX 465 thrown in to see if it holds up better or worse with PhysX turned on than a GTX 460.

If we had one we would have put it in there. We never did a review on one.

I have a 465 but t6he performance of the 460 eclipses it in games. The 465 is like the 5830 it fits a price but is hard to justify while the 460 is priced better and performs better. Plus you have to figure there were 12 sets of results for each card x multiple benchmark runs so you only have so much time to make it happen! I will look at adding the 260 as a physx card for the ATI cards to see where they fall as soon as I can get some time.

The only significant difference I noticed is that shooting objects (wood/ concrete) leaves debris on the ground. The clothing is also supposed to be move more realistically, though I wasn't too impressed with this. The smoke is also supposed look different, but I couldn't tell TBH.