OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD Examined

Nemo

You know, all of the manufacturers are putting out some class SSD's now. You can give lots of them an "A", but until the price per Gig of memory comes down dramaitcally, they really arent going to be moving any massive amounts of these items. Its like the price of gas now.. they are charging us obscene amounts of money for Gas. Why? Because they can!

Ill be happy to use a HD in raid until the time comes we dont pay $400 for 120 gigs. whew!

You know, all of the manufacturers are putting out some class SSD's now. You can give lots of them an "A", but until the price per Gig of memory comes down dramaitcally, they really arent going to be moving any massive amounts of these items. Its like the price of gas now.. they are charging us obscene amounts of money for Gas. Why? Because they can!

Ill be happy to use a HD in raid until the time comes we dont pay $400 for 120 gigs. whew!

+1

Kwok you rock!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to purchase one of these and as per usual I enjoyed reading your review and found it very informative.

Just to be clear I want the Vertex 2 120GB version which I believe this article was about however all the graphics indicate that the 100GB was used.

Is this a typo or did I miss something in the article?

BTW this drive is $310 after rebate HERE