Cleaned Out a Friends Computer

scr4wl

This is actually a rebuild of a build I did a while ago.

The reason I rebuilt it was because I was appalled at the dust buildup. So I took it apart and cleaned it.

Thought you guys would like some pics, and I'll be overclocking this in the next few days.

Dirtyness!

004-7.jpg

Asus Rampage 2 Extreme

010-4.jpg

Core i7 920

011-4.jpg

Memory

012-4.jpg

Thermally Paste

013-2.jpg

Thermaltake SpinQ

014-2.jpg

2X GTX 260 Core 216 Black Edition (SLI)

015-2.jpg

Sound Card That Came With Board

016-1.jpg

Just a 500GB Drive

019-2.jpg

Blue Ray Drive

020-2.jpg

Finished Product

048.jpg

Wow, I smoke and my case doesn't even have that much dust in it. :O

Speaking of which, I need dust filters. :P

Also, speaking of speaking of which, you should probably recommend to your friend that he get some dust filters. XD

Lucky I got dust filters in my case that came with it...otherwise it'd 100 times worse that that guys PC.

I think it has something to do with the airflow in the apartments... A good apartment has one of those duct vents and that helps with the airflow in the place thus less dust builds up. My apartment it pretty bad so dust build up is a big problem. One day I wipe my desk clean, 2 days later - looks like I never cleaned it.

Lucky I got dust filters in my case that came with it...otherwise it'd 100 times worse that that guys PC.

I think it has something to do with the airflow in the apartments... A good apartment has one of those duct vents and that helps with the airflow in the place thus less dust builds up. My apartment it pretty bad so dust build up is a big problem. One day I wipe my desk clean, 2 days later - looks like I never cleaned it.

Dust isn't that bad at my place, though I don't have carpets, just wood flooring. I do have a dog, though. Another option is to get an air filter.

one of the GTX 260s looks like its bended.

That'd be due to the angle of the shot. :P

Wow, I smoke and my case doesn't even have that much dust in it... you should probably recommend to your friend that he get some dust filters. XD

The sad thing is it did have dust filters. I think his dog sleeps next to it or something, as the Blu-Ray drive had teeth marks on it. :P

JFC!

That reminds me that I need to clean my case since putting it on the lower shelf of my new desk.

I just popped open my filer trays and they are caked with dust...

Crap...

Hell I just take mine outside and get the leaf blower or air hose after it...

hahaha...!!...that's what i do too...echo backpack blowerer on full blast gets EVERYTHING out...!!