Five New AMD Processors Tested

Nemo

AMD has released new processors in both its Athlon II and Phenom II product lines. You can check it all out as OCC looks at the AMD Athlon II X2 255, X3 440, X4 635, Phenom II X2 555, and X4 910e - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/at...2_phenom2_2010/

Nice to see them coming out with new stuff. It would be nice to see a real high performer one of these days.

Except a higher clocked Phenom II X4, I can't see what they could come up with these days. The X6 is still a few months ahead.

Any news on when we'll see these at retailers?

I would think pretty quick.

Except a higher clocked Phenom II X4, I can't see what they could come up with these days. The X6 is still a few months ahead.

Ya I agree. A 4.0 X4 would be nice lol

Man AMD is cluttering up things with all these new cpu's. Its a lot to keep up with and it could have a counter productive effect. I can see the pressure with all the new fresh intel CPUs that have popped. I also believe that intel has cluttered their line up as well but most of their purpose was to knock AMD down a tad more in the budget market. These new amd cpu's dont offer anything against them. Actually i seen the athlonx4 635 for 145$ today. Thats ridicules. I think its a risk: too many new cpu's with different specs that very by only 100mhz. I cant see why they are bothering. Is it to show they can produce "new" cpus at a fast pace too? I mean intel at least had done a lot of work in a short short time and they now have dual core CPUs that keep pace well against AMDs quads. Whats the point in the athlon x4 630 then 635? 100mhz? Now amd has their fastest dual core with the athlon 555. A whole 100mhz faster!!!! I think they are supposed to replace the other chips they are so close to but if they do actually do so i think the older chips of 100mhz less would be a much better deal. So thats my take. I really cant wait till amd shows something a little more interesting. I heard there was gonna be a new quad core when the 6core desktop CPUs hit the market. I dont know much about it, but it is supposed to be something new for real

Man AMD is cluttering up things with all these new cpu's. Its a lot to keep up with and it could have a counter productive effect.

As much as I like to disagree with you, I totally agree on this one!

They need to phase out some models because their lineup is getting really confusing <_<

As much as I like to disagree with you, I totally agree on this one!

They need to phase out some models because their lineup is getting really confusing <_<

You would

lol

Man AMD is cluttering up things with all these new cpu's. Its a lot to keep up with and it could have a counter productive effect. I can see the pressure with all the new fresh intel CPUs that have popped. I also believe that intel has cluttered their line up as well but most of their purpose was to knock AMD down a tad more in the budget market. These new amd cpu's dont offer anything against them. Actually i seen the athlonx4 635 for 145$ today. Thats ridicules. I think its a risk: too many new cpu's with different specs that very by only 100mhz. I cant see why they are bothering. Is it to show they can produce "new" cpus at a fast pace too? I mean intel at least had done a lot of work in a short short time and they now have dual core CPUs that keep pace well against AMDs quads. Whats the point in the athlon x4 630 then 635? 100mhz? Now amd has their fastest dual core with the athlon 555. A whole 100mhz faster!!!! I think they are supposed to replace the other chips they are so close to but if they do actually do so i think the older chips of 100mhz less would be a much better deal. So thats my take. I really cant wait till amd shows something a little more interesting. I heard there was gonna be a new quad core when the 6core desktop CPUs hit the market. I dont know much about it, but it is supposed to be something new for real

QFFT!!!

I love AMD's new proccy's for budget builders, they rock but they don't need all these variations of the same damn chips :angry: I just recommend the cheapest variation of them anyway lol