What is your connection quality?

Andrewr05

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured you brits had better connections than US.

not always lol, whats strange about my internet connection is that my ping is Great but my Download speeds are supposed to be up to 10mbs and the MAX i can get is 3.4 (even off-peak hours), and i live really close to the line thingy outside. I've been thinking that it could be my router, will buying myself a good one boost my download speeds?

7970690.png

Edit:

post-68190-1263614572_thumb.jpg

see what i mean? If a new router is what i need then ill be off to buy myself a Sitecom 300N XR

Edited by SenitaL

wow... er... Virgin actually have the most severe speed-throttling that I know of in the UK... so it could be that...

maybe your speeds are bad because your WiFi connection is horrendous (it would have to be, to be the cause of 3Mbps)... use Ethernet to eliminate WiFi potential

I wouldn't "upgrade" to a Sitecom router... getting a Draft N router from a crap manufacturer isn't really going to help... I'd stick to something from Netgear, D-Link, Linksys, etc

if you're on ADSL Virgin, there are all manner of things that can affect the line quality, and reduce download speed

wow... er... Virgin actually have the most severe speed-throttling that I know of in the UK... so it could be that...

maybe your speeds are bad because your WiFi connection is horrendous (it would have to be, to be the cause of 3Mbps)... use Ethernet to eliminate WiFi potential

I wouldn't "upgrade" to a Sitecom router... getting a Draft N router from a crap manufacturer isn't really going to help... I'd stick to something from Netgear, D-Link, Linksys, etc

if you're on ADSL Virgin, there are all manner of things that can affect the line quality, and reduce download speed

Thanks for the Imput Hardnrg! :)

Yes im on ADSL from Virgin, and I actually dont use Wi-Fi at all, i've stuck to ethernet since i can remember, lord only knows how much worse it would get if i switched to wireless :lol: i also have a strange problem where whenever someone calls my home phone the internet cuts out, i've always known i have sirious problems but i've just put up with it :mellow: