Logitech G500 Mouse Tested

Nemo

I bought this mouse because my cordless Sidewinder X8 was having troubles. It's a great mouse and my only problem with it is the side buttons. They seem to be further back towards the wrist than on the G5, not really a con but it'll take some getting used to. No games so far have recognized the third side button yet either, still nice to have though.

I am in the market for a new mouse and narrowed my choices down to the sidewinder X8 or the G500. Hey thelusk since you have both mouses in your opinion which one would you keep if you werent having any issues with the X8?

Thanks.

I am in the market for a new mouse and narrowed my choices down to the sidewinder X8 or the G500. Hey thelusk since you have both mouses in your opinion which one would you keep if you werent having any issues with the X8?

You should take a look at the Coolermaster Sentinel too :)

I love mine!

How is the clicker on Mouse 1 & 2 buttons? Is it that same cheap piece of plastic that all mice seem to use? Because I don't know what happens, I crush my mice or click like 100,000 times in a week or something and I've worn out 4 mice clickers, and also my scroll wheel traction ends up wearing down, but I can fix that with some plastic, super glue, exacto knife, and sandpaper though if it had some good almost eternal parts it would eliminate a lot of hassle.

These mice are getting ridiculous. I have a 30" monitor and 1800dpi can be too fast for me. So... why? If the mouse is good and does not skip or go all negative-g on you... then you don't need that much resolution. I think it's becoming more and more a marketing thing. Like laser vs optical.