RIP Verran

grounded87

i'm gutted, i felt like i was just getting to know the guy.

been thinking about him a lot the past few months, knowing about his condition i was hoping he'd just lost interest in the forum, but this was always at the back of my mind.

RIP Ryan, i won't forget you.

I joined this forum specifically to ask him a question yesterday. He really seemed to know what he was talking about and reading his other threads he did. R.I.P. Verran

Edited by Azash

This is the hardest post or statement I have ever had to make.

Business aside friendships build no matter what. I spend so much time with staff on different things talking to them on the phone about whatever and friendships and bonds happen quickly.

Ryan and I go back to Jan 2005 even before he become part of staff. Him and I always saw eye to eye even when others didn't see it our way. I remember some specific battles that would go back and forth between Ryan and other members or even other staff that make me laugh now that I look back. Ryan was so stubborn about certain things and the thing was 99% he was in the right. I had a different bond with Ryan then I did with other staff and thats why I think he and I clicked so much. I remember when I sent him a new Video Card as a gift without him knowing, the phone call I still remember to this day. He was so excited and thankful and sounded like a like kid because he was so happy and impressed. :)

Yes I knew Ryan was sick but like Nick said he kept that to himself as much as he allowed. I was fortunate enough to be told by him what was happening and again fortunate to be told again by his family when things started to get worse. I was planning on going to see Ryan here shortly but sadly that will not happen, I have not cried like I have today in a very very long time. No more calls, no more pms all I have left is my memories of a great friend who I will dearly miss more then I can ever express.

When I am ready I will make a special page dedicated to him because Ryan was a part of my family and the OCC family and I will be forever part of his family. Ryan I will miss you so much more then you will ever know I have so many regrets that I cannot change but I will honor you and remember you by never forgetting you and talking about you often I will never let people forget you.

I know you are prob up there telling me to suck it up and get back to work because thats what you would want. I will in time allow things to go back to normal but for today I will be grieving the loss of my friend.

I will miss you forever buddy you and I will see each other again one day I promise.

Your friend

Dave

I teared up.

Incredible post Dave, I feel for OCCs loss of a very good moderator, your loss of not only a very good staff member but a friend as well.

More importantly however I feel for Ryan's family who although must have had some inkling that has time was short will never be able to see him again and must be taking this a lot worse than we are.

No one should ever die from cancer, especially at the young age that Ryan has...