[PC] Defense Grid

Crazy_Nate

Anybody try this game? It's a tower defense game that takes a little brainpower. Aliens, guns, forcefields, and power cores.

I bought it a couple of months ago on steam, for $20, now, it's half that. I've seriously racked up the hours on it since then.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/18500/

The demo is free, if anyone is curious. Not really hardware intensive - just really needs DX9 and above.

0000006571.1024x768.jpg?t=1254347043

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Paul, finishing a level isn't bad - however, half of the fun is optimizing how you place your towers :)

The demo has levels up to a certain point, but they only allow you to use certain towers. It definitely gets more interesting with the full version.

• 2 months later...

Since a lot of people bought this during the steam holiday sale, I figure we can post some high score screenshots here (or hints on levels if you need it)

Various usernames may be NSFW...

Obviously the first is a hacker... <_<

Anybody try this game? It's a tower defense game that takes a little brainpower. Aliens, guns, forcefields, and power cores.

I bought it a couple of months ago on steam, for $20, now, it's half that. I've seriously racked up the hours on it since then.

The demo is free, if anyone is curious. Not really hardware intensive - just really needs DX9 and above.

I bought it for $5 and it is pretty good. I got stuck on mission 6 (focal point ?) and haven't touched it sine. That one mission got me so angry that I won't be going back to it for a little while.

I guess I should have checked this topic earlier. I've always been a fan of tower defense games...I didn't realize that this had real graphics, for some reason I pictured one of those games with pixels/lines and thus why I didn't look into it. Owell...I have enough games to hold me over for years. :lol:

I guess I should have checked this topic earlier. I've always been a fan of tower defense games...I didn't realize that this had real graphics, for some reason I pictured one of those games with pixels/lines and thus why I didn't look into it. Owell...I have enough games to hold me over for years. :lol:

You passed this one by?! Aha, at least there's torchlight to eat your time :)

I think I've completed about 750 levels on DG...I reallly like it (and you can see by my ranking on the interest that I'm kinda up there)

And, yes, real graphics - requires DX9+ (I can't play it on my laptop :( )