AMD Athlon II X3 435 and X2 240e

jammin

Today we are taking a look at a couple of AMD's more value oriented Athlon processors, but how will they fare in terms of performance? Read the review here - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/athlon_ii_435_240e/

OMG!!!!!!!

Amd has got so many cpus out it hard to keep track of em all!!!!!!!!!

I kinda wish there were som other cpus besides the i5 to compare them with, looking at cenebench i would guess maybe the 240e is about as powerful as the good ole e6600. Thats all by memory and i could be off, but thats where i can place it, without looking. the power usage isnt bad looking to me.

not sure if the price is right on them, they may get lower. I dont know why they didnt compare them to the e6500 or e5400 just anything that intel is still selling in that price range. It would give a better picture of the CPUs intended purpose: the athlon620 clearly is the best buy hands down. but that is also the only cpu in the article they listed to compare....what else would any reader conclude?

I think at the ~$90 i am seeing as a price tag its way way too high, but i still wish we couldve seen these up against the few intel cpus left at this price. It wouldve made a much more informative article

If you want to look at performance you can look at our past CPU reviews to get a general idea. We can only keep so much stuff. Since 775 stuff was end of life its hard to just keep stuff laying around. Wives will only allow so much clutter :lol:

If you want to look at performance you can look at our past CPU reviews to get a general idea. We can only keep so much stuff. Since 775 stuff was end of life its hard to just keep stuff laying around. Wives will only allow so much clutter :lol:

I will take any clutter off your hands, you know if you just gonna throw it out, throw it my way :thumbs-up:

I find it interesting that the results were so tightly grouped even with a GTX260 and reasonable settings. Aside from 3dmark all of the gaming tests were dead even plus or minus a few percent.

Edited by Waco