Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard Evaluated

Nemo

"I kept orienting my hands over the keyboard at the far bottom left, so when I tried to press the left control key, I would actually hit the G6 key. It took me a few days to get over this, but I still do this every once in a while."

I'm not sure if this is true. I dont know if the G19 is the same as the G15 v2, but this happened to me the first day and after that has never happened to me. I dont have the G19 but it looks really simular (button like) to the G15. Great review!

Really nice keyboard, but I'm happy with a G11 for 50 bucks, it also has everything you need. Of course the G19 does give bragrights, till we get the G23

(Anyone else notices the +4 pattern, or is it just me?)

Edited by Kingdutch

Really nice keyboard, but I'm happy with a G11 for 50 bucks, it also has everything you need. Of course the G19 does give bragrights, till we get the G23

(Anyone else notices the +4 pattern, or is it just me?)

+1

My G11 is pretty much the same thing, just not the LCD. Why use an LCD on a keyboard? I got my monitor, I just Alt Tab outa my game and maybe check temps or whatever. IMO, the LCD is useless, only for people who want the bigger E-Penis :lol:

Yeah G19 is a waste tbh, I tend to be king of overkill, and yet the price tag this thing carries offers no real improvement over a g15v1 and barely any over a g15v2. Seriously the main reason you buy any of these so called gaming KB's is for the macro buttons. The g19 has the same as the 15v2 and less then the 15v1. The color LCD offers nuthing more then color over the 15v1 or 15v2 and only a size difference over the 15v2. Lastly it is a powered USB hub, which is great, except you can get a 7 or 8 port powered usb hub and a g15v1 or 15v2 for half the price of this KB. Might as well be spending your money on the Optimus Maximus at this point. If they wanted to build a better gaming KB they could have axed the color screen kept the old school screen and added something more useful like padded hand rests, or custom snap on faceplates, more macro keys, or better macroing software. IMHO the G19 is FAIL!

"I kept orienting my hands over the keyboard at the far bottom left, so when I tried to press the left control key, I would actually hit the G6 key. It took me a few days to get over this, but I still do this every once in a while."

I'm not sure if this is true. I dont know if the G19 is the same as the G15 v2, but this happened to me the first day and after that has never happened to me. I dont have the G19 but it looks really simular (button like) to the G15. Great review!

I've been using this keyboard for almost a month now, and I can say that I did this even yesterday. While its not common, it still happens to me... maybe I just have retarded fingers.

I grab a G19 a few months back. I have been really displeased with it. I have a key that has broken off already, the color are off you set for blue you get purple, and there very few apps for the G19. The last keyboard I owned was over 6 years old. I emailed logitech about the keys. I got no response at all from them. We don't even need to go over the problem with G35 headset. I feel logitech and starting to put out junk. Really sad because I really like a lot of there older products.