P55 Motherboard from ASUS Evaluated

Nemo

Never in my life did I expect to see the "Turbo" button back on a PC. Way to go Asus...

Sarcasm? :huh:

Good review though, taco. I liked the personal comments throughout the review that pretty much let us know why something was important (the IDE cable and you with your old drives, for example).

Edited by tkrow21

Good review though, taco. I liked the personal comments throughout the review that pretty much let us know why something was important (the IDE cable and you with your old drives, for example).

Thanks

I figured (or at least was hoping) that I'm not the only one here who still uses IDE drives.

Thanks

I figured (or at least was hoping) that I'm not the only one here who still uses IDE drives.

I have IDE optical drives, and several IDE Hard Drives that I want put to use. So no you are not the only person that uses IDE.

Nice review. Did I mention i want one of these boards?

I really liked this review. as tkrow said the personal comments really fit into this review. I was really amazed by the "auto-overclock" feature, that has to be the first time I've ever seen somethnig like that.

Pretty much all of the boards we have looked at save the Intel have this feature. Some better than others ! but they all seem to put a chip in its comfort zone! Makes it easy for the masses to get into the act without killing their hardware.