Top AMD processor tested

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are people who don't OC theyr PC...

Well yea to be honest the i7 is a bit better, but its also way overpriced imo (maybe with the exception of the 920).

the 920 is extremely reasonable, if not admittedly more reasonable than the 940 (amd) but it's other componenets (motherboard, and memory) are what makes the i7 platform overpriced. The i7's themselves aren't overpriced though.

As for people not overclocking, nonsense :D

IF you purchase the 920 from Microcenter at $199 the value cannot be beat. Most if not all 920's can run 3.4 with stock or close to stock volts.

The reason for higher clocked processors is that people will pay for a guaranteed level of performance. These are the people who do not overclock their hardware

Not saying I am poor? Says that I am poor and cheap and can't afford it.

Dark just likes to argue about stuff, Damian has no reason to be sorry.

Awesome review and I am definitely thinking about this proc for my next build. I was surprised that you couldn't break 4ghz but 3.9 isn't shabby.

You want to know what this review proved? AMD gives you more bang for your buck than a comparable Intel setup does.

It gives a good bang for your buck no doubt but really It cant compete when you are doing real work.

It gives a good bang for your buck no doubt but really It cant compete when you are doing real work.

weren't the Phenom II's proven better than atleast the 775's in real work though. I wouldn't even bother comparing the phenom II's with the i7's, for the i7's are the work kings (well all around kings). But I'm sure Slick meant the 775s, and in regards to the i7s the Phenom II's beat them in gaming performance (where easy, cheap clock speed, is king)

Edited by IVIYTH0S