Top AMD processor tested

So your sooo rich? I highly doubt it as I see you have Phenom II rig in ur sig. Dont u think saying cheap about a person is a bit offensive and rude?

Idk about Darkfuneral but i defiently do not hate i7 and i do admit that i can't afford it. So what about it?

1.When did I say I was rich?

2. Cheap = low priced (maybe bang for buck) how is that rude?

3. That's cool, I never said you hated I7s nor did I ask you.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it doesn't get "beat" by it

Not everyone is poor and cheap.

Don't hate on it because you can't afford it

Wow, you have no knowledge of how much money I have, don't presume something if you have no evidence. I just said that it is sad when a $250 cpu CAN beat a $1000 CPU.

I only hate the I7 Extreme editions as they are the most overpriced stuff out their, and their performance can be matched by an OC'ed I7 920.

Also I am not poor, so stop trying to say that. Its very .ing offensive :angry:

Didn't say you were poor.

The only remotely offensive thing I said was " don't hate on it becuase you can't afford it"

sorry but by the way you phrased the quoted post, it sounded pretty naive.

Sheesh people get so butthurt on the Internet :rolleyes:

Edited by damian

1.When did I say I was rich?

2. Cheap = low priced (maybe bang for buck) how is that rude?

3. That's cool, I never said you hated I7s nor did I ask you.

You didnt say cheap about the cpu... you said it about other people.

Seems like your the one who is "getting butthurt on the Internet".......

Dark there is a reason I put a space between those two sentances. They don't go together.

Anyways I'm done with you two, you are like schoolgirls making a big scene out of few meaningless words :lol:

back on topic becaus this thread is for discussion about the amd 965 reviewed.

Anyways I guess this will be my next CPU for my last build. Hopefully this paired with a 785g should clock nicely.

AJMatson do you have any experience with the 785g and high tdp processors like this one, think it can handle it?

Its pretty sad when a $250ish CPU can beat a $1000+ CPU <_>

Intel FTL! AMD is coming back :)

Well not really. If you bump the clock speed up on the 965 I'm sure there will be a different out come. In most benches clock speed is everything. Take for instance Cinebench which is all CPU rendering the AMD 965 is absolutely crushed Take a look at the WinRar results. Where does the A 965 perform? When doing real multi threaded work what doe you have for results.

If I bump up the clock speed to 3.4GHz on my Intel 965 I think you will be looking at an entirely different story.

Something to think about

AMD is getting closer, they just are not there yet. In singlethreaded benches where clock speed is everything clock speed always wins.

Eh this is just another 955 to me, I love Phenom II's and all but I still don't see any reason to buy this over a 940 (and no I'm not a believer in the whole AM3 future proofing bandwagon). Keep trying Smith, I'm not won over :D

As with the complainers, the i7 965 is a wasted investment (like any extreme edition intel) but this chip is no prize either. Sure it's *more* affordable, but not when you can get the same performance at cheaper price tag. Enter 940 :)

I'd pick up the i7 920 at this price point. Also if I had to buy DDR3, I wouldn't buy a Phenom II.

Edited by IVIYTH0S