GELID Silent Fans Tested

Nemo

These aren't made by Nanoxia or they make Nanoxia? Would you happen to know? Cause in Germany there are fans that looks exactly the same (in fact, there's one in my OCZ EvoStream 600W that I modded) from a brand called Nanoxia.

The neon green fan looks great :D

Btw what about the noise? Im pretty sure the Delta was much much louder than the GELID one...

the delta is around 220CFM/60dBA so the deck was a little stacked so to speak. The Gelid fans were very quiet, while the Delta is a loud beast. The delta was used to represent the virtually best possible temperatures achievable on the heat sink, and the fans speak for themselves on the results. The Antec tricool fans were a more direct comparison.

I like the green too :ph34r:

These aren't made by Nanoxia or they make Nanoxia? Would you happen to know? Cause in Germany there are fans that looks exactly the same (in fact, there's one in my OCZ EvoStream 600W that I modded) from a brand called Nanoxia.

Nanoxia is an entirely different company that doesn't (afaik) sell in the USA yet. There was a court hearing...

"The Leipzig District Court (Landgericht) issued a preliminary injunctio on the 20th of August against Gelid Solutions Limited, Hong Kong, and Caseking GmbH, Berlin. The Court ordered the defendants under penalty of contempt to refrain from advertising, importing, exporting, offering for sale or otherwise placing on the market case fans for PCs with green-translucent fan blades. In doing so, the court granted a motion filed by Xen Micro GmbH.

Gelid Solutions, who are sharing a stand with Caseking at the Games Convention Trade Fair, had announced in the run-up to the fair that they were about to introduce black case fans with green-translucent blades on the German market. Xen Micro develops and distributes itself case fans with green-translucent fan blades under its NANOXIA brand. It had found Gelid Solutions' case fans to be copies of its own fans.

The injunction has community-wide scope, i.e. it is valid and enforceable throughout the EU territory. In addition, the court ordered the delivery-up of all case fans with green-translucent fan blades that are in either defendant's possession. The preliminary injunction, which was served upon both Caseking and Gelid Solutions at the Games Convention trade fair ont the 20th August, is an ex parte decision with preliminary character only and may be contested."

http://www.nanoxia-europe.com/index.php?op...d=1&lang=en

In case anyone was wondering, the Wing series also has a model with blue fan blades and both series come in 120mm, 92mm, and 80mm varieties. I've been meaning to upgrade my case fans and it looks like these are the ones to get for a near-silent computer.