Eclipse Plus Motherboard From MSI Evaluated

Nemo

Any of the boards with the NF200 on them go for a price premium it looks like. The look is much better than MSI has done in the past. That would look great in an all black case with a nice W/C loop

Any of the boards with the NF200 on them go for a price premium it looks like. The look is much better than MSI has done in the past. That would look great in an all black case with a nice W/C loop

Thanks guys, it is a great board and thats what I plan to do :thumbs-up:

good day....great review for a potentially great board!

would it be possible for you to post the actual BIOS settings/values used to overclock this board? with so many options to tweak, it's kinda daunting to go thru each setting. it would really be great to have an actual guide (cheat sheet!) that specifies the values for these BIOS settings...

thanks!

This board has this feature:

MSI Drive Booster

It is very easy to double your HDD performance with the all new MSI Drive Booster. This feature is OS independent too, which allows you to double improve the RAID speed. MSI Drive booster is easy to use, just plug & play.

I wonder how, and if this works. Haven't been able to find any test results of this feature.

good day....great review for a potentially great board!

would it be possible for you to post the actual BIOS settings/values used to overclock this board? with so many options to tweak, it's kinda daunting to go thru each setting. it would really be great to have an actual guide (cheat sheet!) that specifies the values for these BIOS settings...

thanks!

for 4ghz:

set bclk to 200, lower memory multiplier to whatever the ram is rated for, disable power saving features if you want for added stability. if you have lower cooling then disable hyper threading to shave off temperature too.

cpu voltage at 1.4v or more, if it runs happy at 1.4 then go lower until your at lowest load-stable. qpi voltage at around 1.4v as well, depending on the quality of chip. adjust for stability of course. theres more to it but that's the basic gist.

This board has this feature:

MSI Drive Booster

It is very easy to double your HDD performance with the all new MSI Drive Booster. This feature is OS independent too, which allows you to double improve the RAID speed. MSI Drive booster is easy to use, just plug & play.

I wonder how, and if this works. Haven't been able to find any test results of this feature.

using the drive booster ports didnt give me double anything as far as i remember, looks like its more aimed for RAID users

Edited by RHKCommander959